Michael Jackson---What Was Your Opinion Of Him?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Michael Jackson---What Was Your Opinion Of Him?

Musical genuis, epic performer.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    FF, there must've been 1 song you kinda liked??

I probably heard very little of his stuff. The radio stations I listened to didn't play his music, except to end the songs within 30 seconds with an explosion and much ridicule. I probably haven't heard a fraction of his work, but what I did hear I didn't care for.

W

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

Loved his music my entire life. Never thought he was a child molester. I think McCauley Calkin's family would have sued him for

millions if he had ever touched McCauley. Both of the boys who did sue or threaten to sue were clearly after money. Also, I think

most of the time there were a lot of kids around and generally child molesters corner one kid at a time and force or guilt them into

sex. I read one report which indicated that the burns that Michael suffered during the Pepsi commercial filming were much worse

than were ever made public and may have been the reason behind his skin changes and his addiction to pain medication that

eventually lead to his death. I think he wanted to please his Mom more than anything. If he was gay, I doubt that he ever acted

on it, again because of his loyalty to his mother. I doubt that he ever had sex with anyone. I don't think his kids share any of his

DNA.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Musical genius? How about a really good singer/songwriter that could dance, but musical genius? No way. No how.

BB King- Musical Genius

Stevie Ray Vaughn- Musical Genius

Les Claypool- Musical Genius

Marvin Gaye- Musical Genius

Dave Mustaine- Musical Genius

Michael Jackson- Side show freak that sang and danced

• yesidid
    yesidid

I am into classical music so I actively disliked his music, but I didn't mind the man and felt sorry for him.

Not for a moment do I believe he was a child molester.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Talented but flawed.

Same as me, I just don't possess the talented bit.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

sooner7, you forgot Stevie Wonder

• Mr. Monday Night
    Mr. Monday Night

My opinion on Michael Jackson....

" Humpty Dumpy"

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
    Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
    All the King's horses, And all the King's men
    Couldn't put Humpty together again!

He was a man-child that never got the chance to grow up and be an adult with magnificent talent in the studio and on stage!

Imagine being on the spotlight as the lead singer for a band at that age of 8 and manage to carry it on your own until you were 50 years old?

@ sooner7nc: He wasnt a "freak" who just sanged and dance. He was a musical genius along with the other musicians you named above. He was by far THE Greatest Entertainer of All-Time and his vocals is in my 'Top 5 Male Vocalists of All Time' list.

No - He didnt play an instrument like BB King, Marvin Gaye, and Stevie Ray Vaughn. But, he did use his vocals and body as instruments and that definetely showed when he performed on stage and he PERFECTED it!

Furthermore, he really wasn't a 'genius' songwriter compared to John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, and Bob Marley. MJ needed alot of assistance when it came to songwriting (artists/producers such as Paul McCartney, Rod Temperton, Quincy Jones, James Ingram and even R. Kelly ["You Are Not Alone"]). But, he had GREAT vision and managed to put through his songs, performances, and charity work!

When it comes to Pop music and Pop Culture, He is "King".

Ciao,

MMN

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

You're right Jook. I thought about that after I posted. SW is awesome.

"He wasnt a "freak" who just sanged and dance"

Uh...yes he was.

"No - He didnt play an instrument like BB King, Marvin Gaye, and Stevie Ray Vaughn. But, he did use his vocals and body as instruments and that definetely showed when he performed on stage and he PERFECTED it!"

Yes, he PERFECTED being a side show freak that could sing and dance. I'll give him that.

Sorry guy, but he has got to be the most over-rated celebrity that I've ever heard of. IMHO

• Mr. Monday Night
    Mr. Monday Night

@sooner7nc: What's your definition of "freak"?....just curious.

The reason why he's the "most over-rated celebrity" is because he was a very easy target when it came to tabloids, newspapers, and magazines and the guy would never fight back against them. Also, the media made him this Bigger-Than-Life celebrity and the general public made him like he was God Almighty himself...

Yes - he did put himself in a lot of those situations that got him a lot of exposure. But, most of them were either...

Rumors (he bleached his skin to become 'white' - he had vitiligo),

Lies (diddled young boys - IMHO, He did have a eccentric relationship with children but I dont think it was sexual),

and Over-Exaggerated (sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber, buying elephant man bones, etc).

I really believe Michael was asexual who never had the time to grow-up; stuck being that little shy boy from Gary, Indiana...That was why he was so child-like and he felt the only people he could connect with was children, especially young boys. The guy even said he favorite past times are water balloon fights and climbing trees...yea, I agree thats not normal for a 40-something year old man at that time. But, thats his personal life. His musical talents...they were undeniable!

By calling him a "freak", I think that is harsh!

Calling him "strange", "eccentric", "mentally lost", - that I would agree.

Ciao,

MMN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit