Michael Jackson---What Was Your Opinion Of Him?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I thought he was ridiculous.

Loz x

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

According to history... there's a lot of talented people who are or were 'weird' to the extreme... especially musically talented ... look up Mozart's biography...

• minimus
    minimus

can you imagine if the Jackson family never were Witnesses>?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Never liked him or his music.

W

• minimus
    minimus

FF, there must've been 1 song you kinda liked??

• truthlover
    truthlover

His family was not all witnesses - only Rebbie, Latoya and Katherine and Michael - Joe was never a witness, nor were the boys or Janet -so I would think Katherine had a balancing act as Joe was the "head of the house".....

I thought he was a great talent, I dont believe he molested any kids and would have loved to see the O2 show

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I once thought he was a child molester, but as time went on I figured that he was just very strange and childlike. He didn't necessarily know that what he did with children was considered wrong or weird, he just wanted to have a childhood and lived it through other children. I think he settled one case just to make it go away. It's a very sad story all around. This video that I posted awhile back helped me to see another side of MJ. Just watch the first 3 minutes if you want the speech, the rest is music.

http://youtube.com/v/dMmhIJWsIS4&feature=related

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, I agree with your statement.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I've pondered that question Minimus. Us being JWs, we can relate to Michael in ways that most people cannot. Was he a perv? Possibly. Was he screwed up in the head? Definately. Did the JW upbringing have a strong role into his behavior? Evidently as the celebrated WT Writing department would like to say. I never cared for Michael as a person, but the more I think about my own situation and how screwed up in the head I am, I'm becoming increasingly sympathetic towards him and his family. The JW culture is such a toxic enviroment, its so difficult to just be normal. To be young and talented is so discouraged in the JW culture. Everything is pioneer, pioneer, pioneer, reach out, etc!! Education bad! Physically gifted bad! Academically talented bad!! Physical attraction bad! Michael was physically attractive as a young man, exceptionally talented, exceptionally intelligent. All of those things are dang near demonic amongst JWs. Then throw into the fact he had an overly ambitious and overbearing father. He really was destined to have a tragic ending. Surprised it didnt happen sooner.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

He was the king of Jehovah's Witnesses, and there is even a Prince now too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit