Where were you when you first came here?

by Xena 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have been out since 1985. Done a lot of recovery work but had a situaton at work that triggered memories and feeling of the judicial meeting when I was DFed. Needed some reconnection with other ex-JWs and dropped in. Been here before to check things out but was too busy then to become a regular poster

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• AMarie
    AMarie

I was disfellowshipped at the end of 1999, but was inactive for a few years before that. I came to this site and numerous others researching opposing JW views, before making the decision to go back or not. It was so refreshing to find people who had experienced that same things I had.

I accidentally stumbled onto the message board sometimes last year, after I had already resolved not to return to being a JW, and began posting. The effects of knowing all of you have been very positive, a downright blessing to tell you the truth.

AMarie

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I was also on another board that I was kind of diappointed with. I'd been out for a while,(my last Memorial was in 1993) but still had so much anger inside. And no place to put it. The censorship on the other board was killing me.
    Had no idea anything like this even existed! Ballistic put up a link for this board on the other site. I came, I lurked, I liked it. But, I was lonely, so I told Xena. She came too, and the rest is history.

April
    "Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I was way out when I came here last summer. Previously, I had been involved about two years on other ex-JW discussion boards and I had enjoyed them but didn't get off on all the arguing and fighting going on (this just isn't my bag) but where do I end up? Hahahaha Simon's Arguement City!

I actually just came in here to post some information about the scientific research I was doing at the time (see my opening threads) and didn't want to get involved again in another online community but I happened to notice that some people here seemed to be a lot of fun and there were lots of topics being discussed. This interested me and later I started realizing how cool some of the people here were and well damn it, now I'm stuck! lol Besides that, where else do you get to chase Xena around in the Chat room?

Kind Regards,

Skipper

• DIM
    DIM

active JW when I first came on, but i've had doubts for years...I used to post on H2O as "disko". I'm still an active JW although I don't go out in service anymore. Starting the slow fade next month...

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• freeman
    freeman

I had a wife and child to support, living in a basement, and was working two jobs struggling to make ends meet. By chance I was offered a lucrative consulting job with NASA. I took the job but because of my extensive travel, the elders told me I had to make a choice between my NASA dream job, or the meetings. That was in 1987. I stopped going to meetings then, and felt guilt all these years because I could not lead the life I knew or thought I should be leading. A few years ago I tried to make a comeback into the JW world for the sake of my family only to discover, thanks to the Internet, the lies and deceit I once held as truth. I’ve been trying to get my wife and children out ever since. I’m still trying and will not give up hope, but in the meantime this board and a few others like it (h2O) have been Godsends, I know I’m not alone. Thank you all!

Freeman

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I came here as a full-fledged apostate and now I desire to regain Jehovah God's approval by means of active association with his true and faithful visible organization.

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I have been out for over 5 years, when i came here I had been to a few other boards and was told about this one. I had not dealt with the whole religion thing until this last year and a half. I just kind of ignored it. But I felt the need to have a spirituality in my life. I found talking with others that lived my experience very helpful in this process and still is, both fluff and nonfluff :)

• AMarie
    AMarie

Cygnus:

Are we joking? Is this some type of sick, twisted joke, damnit!!!!/LOL

AMarie

• target
    target

I had made my decision that I could not stomach another meeting, but I felt like I was in limbo. I didn't know where to go from there. Finding this site was so great-to see how others had been where I was and how they moved on. I saw that there was life after the Borg. The info from this site that I shared with my son and his family opened their eyes too. And it is so great to know there are so many of us!

Target

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit