Wierdest Yearbook experience EVER 1967 A "talking snake" silenced by an African Witness!!!

by Witness 007 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mary
    Mary

I think this guy used to be on the Writing Committee didn't he?

• nelly136
    nelly136

I also recall an experience - maybe from Cuba or Haiti - with an exploding chicken.

......and then colonel saunders patented it and called it chicken popcorn for kentucky fried chicken outlets

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"... seeing that the serpent remained silent the man left the building...later he was anxious to get some literature...."

The snake was anxious to get some literature? I guesssssss the experiencssssse endsss with him having a Bible Ssssstudy, getting baptisssssed and now sssssserving asss an elder and very sssssatisfied ssspecial pioneer sssspeaking with forked tongue?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I know an elder in the congregation I used to go to and he claims that his mother bought a guitar at a garage sale and it played by itself. To bad we can't get a hold of the guitar and the snake and put on a road show. We could make millions the snake could sing along with the playing guitar.

LD

• minimus
    minimus

Id, good one!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I think I vaguely remember this story also. No wonder I started having creeping doubts even as a 10-11 year old child!

• highdose
    highdose

one of the first doubts i ever had was from a yearbook experiance.

It was one of the "bad dr's forced me to have blood" stories. The story went that the nurse was handed the No Blood card by the JW and the nurse laughed and dipped the card into the blood that she was about to transfuse.

Thats not how blood transfusions work, they are not in a bucket or somthing, they are in a sealed packet! They have to be!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Highdose, You are absolutely correct. I am an RN. That story is even more asinine than the talking serpent in my opinion. How did my very intelligent father believe all this stuff? How did he rationalize it?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I can honestly say that I NEVER read the yearbooks. I wish I had now, they would have given me a laugh. My sister in law had one of her field service experiences featured in the yearbook, she was so proud!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I always hated listening or reading delusional experiences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit