Wierdest Yearbook experience EVER 1967 A "talking snake" silenced by an African Witness!!!

by Witness 007 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yearbook 1967 p.105 "{Chad -Africa}.....a large crowd was follwing a man who had a talking serpent. The serpent gave greetings and spoke in foriegn tongues...a brother was passing by and attracted by the commotion, he went to the house...as soon as he entered the room the serpent stopped talking. The man cried out: "A magican has entered the room"...the brother said: "Is that a serpent or a demon that is talking to you?...I know that since God created the animals not one sepent has spoken, with the exception of the one in the begining in the Garden of Eden...seeing that the serpent remained silent the man left the building...later he was anxious to get some literature...."

So the evil snake from Eden is now alive and well in Africa!!!! Who put this crap in the Yearbook? Didn't anyone proof read?

• Mary
    Mary

1967? This Puff-the-Magic-Dragon tripe was probably the brainchild of Uncle Freddie as was alot of the ridiculous 'experiences' that are all part of JW folklore.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, it is not that far out, I guess, for people who believe that plastic Smurf dolls can walk around and demonize kids...

Or that the sunspot cycle is a sign of God's displeasure with mankind...

• JediMaster
    JediMaster
    So the evil snake from Eden is now alive and well in Africa!!!!

Great!!! Let's find it, and ask him what really happened.

• undercover
    undercover
    Who put this crap in the Yearbook? Didn't anyone proof read?

C'mon now....it's not that much of a stretch.

I mean, if you really believe a snake talked a naked woman into eating a piece of fruit, that is...

• minimus
    minimus

Could you write the experience in its entirety?

• Mary
    Mary

Hey, I know someone who can talk to a snake.........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A talking snake is no big deal..

The WBT$ has been talking out of its ass,for over 100years..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I recall that YEARBOOK experience!

I wonder why the WT Library CD only goes back to the 1970 yearbook?

I also recall an experience - maybe from Cuba or Haiti - with an exploding chicken.

Great stuff, and all ab-so-frikkin'-lutely TRUE™!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Didn't anyone proof read?

Yes. In the original version it was the Geico lizard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit