this lurker's first post.

by dances with smurfs 57 Replies latest jw friends

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Smurf -

Your road ahead isn't going to be easy, but it will be ok, then it will be better than ok.

I recommend fading so you can still associate with your family rather than ripping your life apart.

• cantleave
    cantleave

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join in the fun drop the paranoia - I have given so much away on this board and nothing has happened yet................................

• cantleave
    cantleave

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join in the fun drop the paranoia - I have given so much away on this board and nothing has happened yet................................

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Welcome! You sound like a really funny person.

Your realization on spirituality is great! Took me over a decade to realize it's all open to interpretation, lolz.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lovely post. Sorry you had to endure a judicial...totally disgraceful...I'll never forget mine. All the best to you will look forward to chatting.

Loz x

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Welcome to JWN Smurf!

Keep reading and you'll learn a lot of interesting things.

Everyone,

To give Dances With Smurfs some "street cred", I've met this person a few times and this person is cool. I suspect that, as circumstances permit, Smurf will reveal more information.

Smurf,

Don't be shy to tell your stories... just filter out all of the names, places and other such details.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

dances with smurfs - welcome it's good to have you here. You will find there is so much help and support and friendship to be found among the lovely people on this board.

All the best with your fade - so glad it's going to be an easy and painless one. I wish it had been like that for me.

Looking forward to hearing more of your stories when your ready.

Hopscotch

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

In my opinion, there is no truth about god or spirit realms that anyone can know or prove at this point in time
    so why cant we all just accept that and live our lives? Why try to force it?

Well said The embellished stories that were told about the Israelite's god (YHWH ) were done so to bring a sense

of power and reverence to their god, there were many gods and many ancient civilizations that told stories about their gods.

Trying to emulate the social morals and standards of a civilization that existed 2000 years is abit dangerous and redundant to be realized.

Welcome to the forum , take it easy

• restrangled
    restrangled

Welcome, DWS (Dancingwithsmurfs)....

Your sense of humor is fantastic, can hardly wait to hear from you!

r.

• flipper
    flipper

SMURF- Welcome to the board my friend. You are among people who care. I was raised 2nd generation JW from birth and had doubts like yourself for years before finally quitting attending meetings almost 7 years ago. But freedom is sweet. Especially freedom of mind and having access to important information which we were not ALLOWED to have access to within the walls of kingdom halls as a witness. So enjoy yourself here, pull up a chair and read on . You will see that you are not alone. Many of us have been challenged reaching for our freedom in post witness life. It's good you are being careful and staying close to JW relatives. Remember- they DO NOT understand due to being under the influence of " mind control ".

If you get a chance I highly recommend a couple of very informative books down the road - " Combatting Cult Mind Control " & " Releasing the Bonds- Empowering People to Think for Themselves " by Steve Hassan. I read these books 3 years after exiting- and I can assure you they helped A LOT ! Helped me to understand how my mind was manipulated while being a Jehovah's Witness. I think you'll enjoy them. Please take care, and remember we are here for you, you are not alone friend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit