this lurker's first post.

by dances with smurfs 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

Welcome Dances with smurfs....keep posting....

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Well...come!

Wow more warm welcomes than in the KH!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Welcome!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The term Apostate is their word to villify anyone who dares to disagree with them. It has no valitidy or significance outside their organization and no relevance to anyone here.

Apostasy

1: renunciation of a religious faith
    2: abandonment of a previous loyalty

Everyone who belonged to another religion before being a Witness was an apostate, including the founder of the religion C.T. Russell....but that was OK in their book.

• MsDucky
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I really was and still am sincere in my spirituality, but I just cant lie to myself about it anymore.
    In my opinion, there is no truth about god or spirit realms that anyone can know or prove at this point in time
    so why cant we all just accept that and live our lives? Why try to force it? Why so serious and
    judgemental and nosey and harsh? Thats all I'm screamin over here.

I'm with ya, bro!

Welcome and stick around.

• moshe
    moshe
    Well, thankfully Im in a very good situation to fade easily and painlessly

Welcome Smurfy. Be aware that nohting comes without a price for those exiting a cult-religion. Unfortunately for those who are born-in they will have more than their share of grief in learning how to create a new "normal" life. Fading = lying and pulling off a long term charade depends a lot on just how pushy/nosey your family/elders are and how far away you live from them. Good luck.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

A big Welcome to you! Glad you are here. Thanks for sharing your story.

-mentallyfree31-

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Welcome to the board! I hope we give you no reason to feel anxious.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, Dances with Smurfs! Great user-name, hilarious introductory post. Well... only hilarious in a "we feel your pain" sort of way because we can sympathize!

You have to believe this: It all gets better and easier.

Love,
    Baba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit