Is Proper Worship Important to you?

by wannabe 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• not a captive
    not a captive

Wannabe,

I have problems with this thread because you say "No one can choose of their own volition to worship God in spirit and in truth." yet you end by saying "Do you know how to worship in spirit and in truth? If you do not, then I suggest to you; you better find out in a hurry."

You seemto tell me that I am caught between a critical, condemning Calvinism and the free spirit of God. The effect would have me sit and wait for God to crush me for my helpless ignorance.

Is that what the spirit tells you? It doesn't tell me that.

And I, too,I believe there is God, that Jesus is his son, and there is a spirit that comes from them.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I find it odd that anyone's view of 'proper worship' would be so tied to an ancient book with inconsistencies about god that are so varigated.

Jeff

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

What happened to your hate thread AK? It went *poof.* Was it too inconsistent and variegated?

BTS

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

If you are suggesting the jw's have 'proper' worship I would suggest to you that I have never thought the jw's worship anybody other than the men in NY and the corporation, certainly not God....Carla nailed it.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Jeff, I was wondering about that too. I submitted a lengthy response to that thread and it went poof.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sincere worship is more important to me.

Main Entry: sin·cere Pronunciation: \sin- ' sir, s?n-\ Function: adjective Inflected Form(s): sin·cer·er; sin·cer·est Etymology: Middle French, from Latin sincerus whole, pure, genuine, probably fromsem- one + -cerus (akin to Latin crescere to grow) — more at same, crescent Date: 1533

1 a : free of dissimulation : honest <a sincere interest> b : free from adulteration :pure <a sincere doctrine> <sincere wine>
    2 : marked by genuineness : true

IMHO, wt doctrine is not a sincere form of worship, just the opposite.

• The Finger
  • Sapphy
    Sapphy

Why are there so many people on this planet who want to tell me that God is going to kill me unless I believe their interpretation of their choice of holy book?

Quoting from the OP - "You can prove that Jehovah has drawn you to his Son, thereby giving you free access to himself? You can prove the Holy Spirit is WITH YOU, and IN YOU as it was the Apostles?"

What on earth does 'prove' mean in these sentences?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

No, if you mean it from the standpoint of (1) either being involved with a religion or organization or (2) doing something in the way of rituals, activity, attendance.

I have a problem with this because: (1) WHICH would be the right one? and (2) WHAT would or should you be doing in the way of rituals, etc? AND - more importantly - where do you draw the line about interpretation and how "pure" it all is or remains?

• The Finger
    The Finger

"No, if you mean it from the standpoint of (1) either being involved with a religion or organization or (2) doing something in the way of rituals, activity, attendance. "

Isn't that what Christ meant, That wasn't worshipping in spirit and truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit