Generation 'New Light' is Actually Working

by zoiks 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Whoops!! to fast on the keyboard:

If this is so critical one would think that Jesus would have been very, very, very specific - "there will be a generation..." vs "this generation".

If I was there, it would have seemed quite clear to me....on the way home...."Hey Peter, our generation is going to see the things befall Jerusalem...yep...in one generation....what do you think Peter... 30 - 40 years tops?.....yep, no doubt"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Debator said: "since it can only be 100% in hindsight "

In other words, you have no faith in God. If God can inspire the Bible, he can also inspire the GB. Since you admit he does not, you should be questioning why not.

• VM44
    VM44

Why is The Watchtower doing this?

They have totally wrecked, or tortured, both the concept and definition of the word "generation."

They are insulting the intelligence of their followers and are making fools of them.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I still haven't heard from my friend 'scholar' over my e-mail exchange with him on this subject yet.

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

Jehovah's Witnesses seem to go through major evolutions every decade or two. That's their MO: Sell the end of the world to people. When the original End of World sell expires, a new one takes it's place. The new one brings in new members and "encourages" the old.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Something else the JW's I've talked to seem to think is, it only involves the anointed on the GB in Brooklyn having to overlap generations as they have to have spoken to each other!!!

'Evidently' a little brown wrinkly 'anointed' sheep herder in outer Mongolia doesn't count, just the big guns in Brooklyn.

'Evidently' even the circuit overseers are confused as the final talk of their visit aims to explain the 'new light' & each CO seems to have a unique explanation.

Why are the 'anointed' GB members too proud to admit they do not know???

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I don't think is working. For the rank and file it doesn't matter anymore what the GB says. They have learn to accept blindly whatever comes out from Brooklyn...if the GB changes the 'light' next month still JW's they will be happy with the new explanation...

If the WT was finnancial advisor they would have gone down the drain. Not a single prophecy, not a future event they haven't be able to figure out.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Most witnesses grasp as I do that Bible prophecy is to be used but since it can only be 100% in hindsight we decern in unity, Using bible prophecy but recognise we will only understand fully when it gets fulfilled. you are placing unrealistic expectations on witnesses. Asking God inspired knowledge off them!

Prophecy is different from all other Bible scripture since it is subjective to our reading the signs/chronology etc around us and this is ongoing.But it should be used to the best of our current understanding of Bible prophecy.

WTF?!? Really?

• ambersun
    ambersun
    For the rank and file it doesn't matter anymore what the GB says. They have learn to accept blindly whatever comes out from Brooklyn...if the GB changes the 'light' next month still JW's they will be happy with the new explanation...

I totally agree with you, JustHuman14. I bet if any one of us had suggested to the rank and file ten years ago what 2010's 'new light' would be, we would have been either laughed at or told to stop making apostate remarks designed to stumble the brothers. Yet the GB can say almost anything and the masses will lap it all up joyfully without question! Even to suggest ten years ago that this old system would still be here in 2010 would be an apostate thought as we all know that to the average JW armageddon is, and always has been, just three years away!!

• designs
    designs

Ambersun.

Not just any End will do, we had to preach The End as it was pubished in each decade or we would end up in hot water

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit