Generation 'New Light' is Actually Working

by zoiks 58 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

I call BULLSHIT!

• steve2
    steve2

The refusal of the world to end has enabled the Watchtower Society to refine its ability to re-interpret failed prophecies into a dazzling art form.

Unsurprisingly, the rank and file are drawn to the newest dazzling light the way moths are drawn to the brightest lights - only to be subsequently singed to death. What a way to glow.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    how they carefully explained it at the convention, and how it shows that we are so close to the end.

Ask her to explain it to you.

If she says anything silly, point it out using a question, not a statement.

If she stops talking about it, ask her why.

Cheers

Chris

• zoiks
    zoiks
    Prophecy is different from all other Bible scripture since it is subjective to our reading the signs/chronology etc around us and this is ongoing.But it should be used to the best of our current understanding of Bible prophecy

There's that, of course, and then there's just making shit up...

The refusal of the world to end has enabled the Watchtower Society to refine its ability to re-interpret failed prophecies into a dazzling art form.

Tell me about it!

Ask her to explain it to you.

I wish I could. Maybe someday, but at this point mom is not speaking to me after screaming 'apostate!' at me the last time

For the first time in my life, I am watching (and aware of) people being "captives of a concept" in real time! It is astounding.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    the refusal of the world to end

That gave me a chuckle.

Damn, it just won't die! Die world, DIE!

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

I've talked to at least 2-300 jw's in the last few months asking them about the new generation change. And not ONE OF THEM COULD EXPLAIN THE GENERATION CHANGE. OR EVEN THE OLD GENERATION TEACHINGS. they are all complete dopes, and have no idea what they preach. I turn jw's into bumbling idiots with one question and watch them run for the hills when i ask them to open thier bible. all you have to do is ask the right questions and watch your jw friends go loco LOCO LOCO...

• bobld
    bobld

TD I think you are correct.Also the WBTS said this overlapping GEN would be a short period of time.Could they be looking att a 120 year GEN or the start of the GT 2034.

Bob

• Simon Morley
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

New Light = necessary bullshit to maintain the flock

And thats all that needs to be said. If some were to actually wise up and leave over this that will help their cause also showing even more that we are indeed in the last days.

JW's are dumb and simple as twist ties.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

As illogical as it is, it brings back some of the urgency of the pre-1995 teaching. JW's will latch onto anything to make them think this world is just about to end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit