Stopping in to say hello and share some good updates

by FlyingHighNow 63 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't log on to JWN much anymore. You all are always in my thoughts though. I miss you. How are all of you?

I thought I'd let you know how things are in my corner of the world and with my family.

Andy is doing fairly well and has a very nice place of his own now. He lives not to far from Lake Michigan. He's not driving still, but catches the bus and gets around his beautiful town that way. All of us are happy to see him finally get the breaks he deserves after the accident he had 3 summers ago. It turned our lives upside down, but things are settling down nicely. It's very true the old saying, "This too shall pass."

Julian is now 14. He has played trumpet for two years in his jr high band. He scored perfect scores on the MEAP achievment test in Reading and Math. He will be taking advanced math class next year. He is also teaching himself to play guitar. He has a good natural ability and it's something that he has good motivation for. He finds a song and learns it. It's a good lesson for him in finishing what he starts. He's over 5'9" now, but lanky yet. The girls love him. He signs on to facebook and gets 20 IMs from girls who are hoping he's single, so they can woo him.

Mickey lives on Oahu with his dad and a step mom and sister. We all hope he is enjoying the subtropical sunshine and fun things to do. Most of all we hope he feels very loved.

I am excited because my daughter is moving to Michigan in three weeks. It will be four and a half hours away, much closer than Rhode Island, for sure. She's happy and is engaged. They adore each other. She's a beautiful lady and it's nice to see her grow happier by the day.

My son Jesse, the one who had the limb threatening infection in his hand, has recovered. He works for a company that contracts with Georgia Power. He's still a little wild like a mustang, but is sounding a little more mature.

I am still working in sales demonstrations, road shows and special events. Most of the time I feel pretty content. And I am wondering how my face is still holding up this well at 51. Lol.

So how are all of you?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

So happy to hear from you, Flying High! Love to you, and so glad you're doing well.

Love,
    Baba.

• changeling
    changeling

So nice to hear from you! I stayed away from JWN for quite awhile and only recently started posting again. I'm so glad that you and your family are doing well after so much hardship. Hugs! :)

• undercover
    undercover

Hiya, FHN!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hi FHN, glad you popped in. You are missed and I'm glad everything is going well for you and yours.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thanks, Bab and Changeling. It's good to see you. I do see some of our JWN folks on facebook. I think a lot of people are there. I try not to spend so much time on line. When I get one thing under control, then it seems another comes along to consume too much time lol.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

{{{FHN}}}

Good to hear from you and I'm glad that things are going so well now. I'd been away for a while and am back a little more regularly on JWN again. I completed my first semester back to college this spring with an A average. Just got the midterm for one of two summer classes... so far another A, but I have a heavy load, so I won't beat myself up if I lose the A average.

Life still isn't perfect, but it's getting better!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Under Cover, hi there. And Mrs. Jones. I guess I was typing when you were posting. I missed your comments. It's good to see you. Under Cover, I haven't forgotten how you had my back.

Well, Billy, you and one of my favorite alltime jwd/jwn avatars, I am so glad you are back in school. College work is hard. An A is a big deal. Congrats and if it slips just remember it's hard work keeping grades up.

• Violia
    Violia

hi FHN check your pm

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Violia, I read and answered your PM. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit