Stopping in to say hello and share some good updates

by FlyingHighNow 63 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Noooo, I didn't know. That is sooo cool. I love happy stories.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hi, it was wonderful to see your news and hear good things. We moved to the middle east, Qatar and are staying busy, meeting all the local expats, the workers from all over the world. My son goes to school at a British school filled with Brits, and Arab kids-mostly Arab. There are only a few Americans in the whole school. I am starting an intensive Arabic course in the fall and my son is busy learning to sail in the Arabic Gulf(Persian Gulf). We are just across from Iran, but they aren't much of an issue other than the fact that all the local govts here in the gulf wish they would just implode on themselves and stop causing so much drama. They are concerned with the nuclear stuff,but no one wants to be too confrontational:) The sun is always shining, the birds sing and we have gorgeous flowers that never stop blooming in our yard. I am pretty much happy here. Don't have to wear a burka or anything and the Sharia law isn't really imposing on my lifestyle much. You act decent, you are treated great, from what I can tell. Of course, I am faithful to my husband, don't dress like a skank or drink and drive--so that is good. Worst thing about this place is no bacon and figuring out the local equivalent for various OTC meds and the names of ingredients (caster sugar vs granulated-it matters). No vanilla extract in the country.

It sounds as if you are raising a great kid. I hope the other little boy is happy and well. I hope YOU are living a joyful life.

shelly

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Hey gurly!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

JW daughter, I'm glad you sound happy and excited to be on an adventure.

Heyyyy, Rabbitt, how are you?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

JW Daughter, why did you move to the middle east?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Long time...love seeing these updates.

WLG

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, long time WLG. How are you doing? Any better? My daughter was just telling me all the damage she still feels from being born in. She's 31 now. Been gone since she was 12. I hate that I let JW's ruin childhood for my kids.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Still tickin'. I'm glad things seemed to have settled down a bit for you.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes. It's very nice to see some of the old timers come by. The trick is not to stay stuck in the past - something that is easy to slip into.

FHN, I would love to join you in the cross-country tour. Remember, I need quite a few bananas every day and lots of love... plus, the odd face to rip off and I'll be a happy guy. :O

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Talk to you later, ahm' heading to our nest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit