Reports of Jesus' (death or resurrection) may have been later?

by Terry 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear PSacremento...

you said: "In short, God knows WHY people reject The Word, God knows the true reasons for such and only God can judge them."

the word enabling (which I spelled right this time) means to give legal power, capacity, or sanction to...

So is it your belief that God is going to capitulate to the "power" of satan's lies even though He HAS and IS giving the individual ex-JW the otherside of the story?

And if you believe this then when do you suppose He started doing this?...is this only for JW's or for everyone?

If He does do this then the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ would just be a formality wouldn't it?...and we can all just do and believe whatever we want couldn't we?...

please don't think I'm picking nits or having no compassion for you all and what you have gone through...I'm just thinking of this in a linear way.

love michelle

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    So is it your belief that God is going to capitulate to the "power" of satan's lies even though He HAS and IS giving the individual ex-JW the otherside of the story?

God doesn't capitulate to ANYTHINg of Satan as Satan has no power over God or over believers.

You mention Satan's lies, which lies are those? what makes you think they are Satan's?

People are "broken" without God we are incomplete and as such, we had a hard time (understatment) with the truth, God KNOWS this, how can God NOT ? As such God knows that, just like Adam, it is far to easy to be mislead and that it is indeed OUR choice and God also KNOWS that because we are "broken" that the scars given to Us run very deep, God's forgiveness and Grace run deeper, Thank Our Lord.

If He does do this then the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ would just be a formality wouldn't it?...and we can all just do and believe whatever we want couldn't we?...

I don't deal in absolutes, I am NOT God or Jesus or Omniscient, but I do know this, we are NOT superiour to God, are we?

Then if we, as lowly humans, can understand how hard it is to break the shackles of deceipt and how hard it is to see a loved one thatis lost and how much love and forgivness WE can give them, How can God NOT to even MORE being God?

It's not about believing what we want to, it is about the REASON some believe and others do not and ONLY God truly knows, hence on God, through Jesus can Judge and forgive and redeem.

• not a captive
    not a captive

The meaning of Jesus' life, death and resurrection for an individual is very personal. The question of what it means to the world is hard to assess. When Jesus walk and talked to people , it seems reasonable that they who witnessed certain events would have a judgement on what they did with that first hand experience. But what is the basis for judgement now?

People are baptised daily in many churches (JWs,too) who are full of teachings and do not really have a "saving"knowledge of Jesus. Will Jesus hold them responsible in some measure--"We are not blind,surely?"said some Pharisees. Jesus replied "Blind? If you were, you would not be guilty, but since you say, "we see", your guilt remains." John 9:40,41. But some refuse to live with hypocrisy and leave religion disillusioned with Christianity.How is that responsibility measured? As far as I can tell--we don't know.

Jesus said that "whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come." Mat. 12:32.

"Then that slave that understood the will of his master but did not get ready or do in line with his will will be beaten with many strokes. But the one that did not understand and so did things deserving of strokes will be beaten with few." Luke 12:47,48

"Father, forgive them, they do not know what they are doing." Luke 24:34.

It would seem that in the times of the Apostles and even now our lives as Christians are the main tool for teaching. The kind of love that Jesus had was full of trust in his Father--"Into your hands I give my spirit." Loving his Father and his fellow humans he gave his life up and trusting alone in his Father, he showed the most faith and love that any can have.

When Christians manifest this faith, this love, then our obedience to the Word-made-flesh gives the evidence of the holy spirit at work. Honest people can know, can see, that Christ lives.Then I can understand that they would be responsible for the witness of holy spirit, and they may be culpable for this knowledge.It will not be an act of judegment primarily but a source of joy. Judgement if they know what they have rejected and what theyembrace as an alternative. The benefit of living a Christian life is obvious.It is a real incentive to live the Way he taught us.

So, if I want to ask an un-believer to examine the life, death and resurrection of Jesus then I am the one who has to field the question FIRST--not the un-believer, but I who am a professing Christian---I have to answer: What does the life , death and resurrection of Jesus mean to me?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Jesus said that "whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come." Mat. 12:32.

A very important passage.

You see, and this is MY opinion only ;), Jesus was making it clear that some would eb against him because they didn't knwo him and by KNOW He meant the only real way to knwo him, and that was to be touched and one with the HS.

Such a person who was one with the HS and denied Jesus would be sepaking against the HS and as such, their sin woudl be great.

I truly believe that those that haven't coem to Jesus has not been touched by the HS for if they had, they couldn't deny Jesus, no more than they could deny their very own thoughts.

• not a captive
    not a captive

That is where I am too. It is on me, who says that he has healed my blindness to follow him that others may go to seek him themselves. Like the Samaritan woman who was such asinner that her testimony didn't convince any one --but they went to see Jesus and decide for themselves.

And Faith grows, like it did for the blind man at John 9.

We can't speak for others--and the blind man didn't either-- he just said what he knew-- I know he healed me.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I Here you, I hear you :)

I know what you mean, Amazing Grace indeed eh?

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

I thought this was about responding to the topic on hand. I believe much of the responses here have been circular, it's true because the Bible says so.

Good for you if you have that leap of faith. Many culutures around the world take issue with other cultures' belief systems.

Where does God/Jesus fit in all these other cultures who strongly believe otherwise because they were not born in a Christian culture.

If you were born into the other world cultures you would be swearing that your belief system is the only truth.

Terry, I'm sorry that I got caught up with the responses to your topic that actually have not responded to the topic on hand.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I think Paul made a point about Jesus resurrection and as a legal man and a Jew i don't think he wanted to be a witness against God.

• not a captive
    not a captive

On topic:

If I am fair I know that others will dismiss my own experience of God--as we call him. All any of us have for knowing what does or does not occur depends on our own evaluation event and witnesses.

I allow that the stories about Jesus may have more and less to them than what may actually be true about the one we call Jesus. How others wrote about him is not my religion even if it helps inform my faith. That God Is and the man Jesus came from God Is pertinent. I said it before and I say it again ,personally, I find too much compelling evidence to ignore all the scriptures. If you say that I am too subjective then I say join a religion already--I left the WTBTS so there may be a slot left for anyone who needs to know all the answers from an official source.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Suggesting that the story of Jesus resurrection was a later edition is just an opinion, the earliest letters written by Paul where within the same generation and even the newest of Gospels, John's, was written less than 100 years after his death and the oldest part of it we have is dated to early-mid second century ( 100-150AD) so, possibly less than 100 years after Jesus's resurrection.

Contray opinions are based on just that opinions so they carry either less weight than what was written or, at best, the same weight, but no reason for them to carry more.

Other then the whole supernatual resurrection thing of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit