Have your views on gays changed over the years?

by laverite 65 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Adults + Consent (No Violence) = Go For It

• R.F.
    R.F.

Even while I was a Dub I didn't have a condemning attitude towards them, so the org never really impacted my thinking on it much. I actually hate to hear gay-bashing. I have one gay friend now.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I found myself having the cruelest thoughts about gay people when I was a JW, specifically gay men.

Things have changed BIG time. I'm now as liberal as they come with respect to gay marriage. It didnt happen overnight, but making friends with gay people helped change my perception.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

snowbird Why not two naked men?

Just because I dress as a gladiator...

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Oooooh myyyyyy!!

I don't care what consenting adults do in the privacy of their homes; just don't force me to "accept" it, call it "normal", "natural," or anything else. Conversely, I won't mention my "straightness" and force you to accept it or call you a bigot and intollerant for not agreeing with it.

What I (or anyone else) may feel is morally right or wrong does not correspond to what others feel may be right or wrong.

Also, please don't force my children to learn about it in school.

Don't have parades about it either. Last time I looked, I didn't see any "straight" parades flaunting male/female relationships.

Please don't blow your feathered boa in my face, it makes me sneeze.

- Wing Commander

PS: Where do I sign up to keeeess the Monkey?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Just because I dress as a gladiator...

Gotcha!

Syl

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I never had any ill feelings towards gays. Always thought as leavingwt that it was their business and as long as they weren't trying to impose on me I won't impose on them. I have one gay friend for several years, even as an active so called hardcore JW, the guy never judged me as a JW so I reciprocated and never judged him as a gay.

We all have rights, who am I to judge anyone.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

WingCommander

Last time I looked, I didn't see any "straight" parades flaunting male/female relationships.

You are obviously hanging out at the wrong night clubs.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

My views have changed since I stopped going to meetings.

I realize that Jesus is the judge not I.

5th

I do agree that I don't like how gays feel a need to shove it down our throats though (pardon the pun).

• superpunk
    superpunk

Did someone say parade?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit