Ted Jaracz passed away this morning.

by grassyknoll07 172 Replies latest members private

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Ever get a song in your head and you just can't get it out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have the exact opposite feeling about this compared to last week's news about Ray Franz.

Ditto Mad Sweeney

I totally understand the feelings of so many that there might be hope for change now that Teddy's gone. Don't be too quick with your happy dances though.

Even if they try to change things for the bettet they will soon see that loosening the reins on the masses will result in more fires for them to put out which will in turn result in the harder line coming back.

The precedent for this is the change back in the 70s I think where they said JWs could talk to ex-JWs. Soon people were learning all kinds of information they should not be hearing. The rules reversed themselves faster than we could understand what happened. Then of course came the ousting of Ray Franz and the deal was sealed. I think they learned the lesson. Never loosen the reins.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Some serious conjecture on my part.

Ted was the last of the Knorrites. I doubt seriously that since his stroke he influenced matters the way he could otherwise. But he had many who were loyal to him outside the GB (read: Service Dept), and now that he is gone, there is nothing but the newbies and Jack Barr, a man who will never "rule".

What I have seen since 2005 with the appointments of Jackson and Morris to the GB is that some kind of majority appeared. We don't have a Ray Franz to describe the factions on Governing Body 2.0, but I think its clear that Jackson and Morris gave a certain mentality a "fillibuster proof" status.

I was there at Gilead when Jackson and Morris were announced as GB members. Since August 2005, we have had single edition WT and Awake magazines, a new main study book, the elimination of the book study arrangement, the renaming of the Presiding Overseer to the Coordinator of the BOE. (same shit, different name). GB 2.0 has decided to run to the hills of NY State and leave Brooklyn entirely. (for a tidy tax free, real estate profit)Also, Al Scroeder, Carry Barber, and Ted Jaracz have died.

GB 2.0 is in charge. In my opinion, David Splane, while not in charge, is the most influential. It wouldn't surprise me if Anthony Morris has reached "tail wagging dog" status. Again, that is merely my impression, and I am 5 years removed from any contact with that contaminated fun bunch.

Some say that Gerrit Losch is the new singular power. I really disagree on this. I do think he is quite influential, don't get me wrong. But lets not forget that he is the only non American on the GB besides Jack Barr (who is from the UK). The Americans still rule.

Teddy J was the only one with the pedigree and the ego to try and run things from behind the curtain. I always perceived alliances made, and that rather then one person, a majority with a point of view is in charge now. Jaracz, like many old elders, got marginalized, outnumbered, sick, and then died. Just like other elders. He just happened to be a GB member.

To repeat, I doubt Jaracz had much to do with anything happening in the last 5 years. I also believe that while the rumors we heard a couple of years ago that the CO's were to be eliminated were just that, I really believe it was strongly considered by the GB. We may see that in the future, depending on the state of finances with the move they are making.

Ted Jaracz. The man who sucked (up to) Knorr to get to where he got. The man most responsible for the Ministerial Training School. Psycho, asshead, delusional, self serving, cult leader. Rest In Pieces.

• dinah
    dinah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YssMT0qXYOw

don't know how to make it clickable, but it sums it up for me!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

wow , what an announcement to come home after a few snoofties,imagine how much blood guilt the prick must have on him, burn in hell Teddy it's the best place for you.JP fantastic tune, part of me feels fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Nathan Natas
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good post AlltimeJeff.

Some say that Gerrit Losch is the new singular power. I really disagree on this. I do think he is quite influential, don't get me wrong. But lets not forget that he is the only non American on the GB besides Jack Barr (who is from the UK). The Americans still rule.

Just one point of correction. There is also an Australian - Jackson. Both UK and Australia follow in the coat tails of the US though, so it can hardly be considered a multicultural GB.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I'm not sure what to think of Jaracz - obviously his reputation precedes him here. I think I need to search the site to find some dirt on the guy as he didn't seem to be a fan favorite!

Most JWs may not be aware of either his death or that of Ray Franz. But for those who do know, the legacies left by these two men couldn't be further apart. They both touched the lives of thousands, even millions, in a very personal way. I think it can safely be said that only one left the world a better place for having been here.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

jwfacts, I stand corrected, and totally forgot to include that. I will leave my post as it is since the information is corrected. Geoff Jackson is indeed from the ol penal colony. My impression of him is more of a politico then a front runner. As a personality, he was my favorite. Before his appointment, he was in the same Patterson NY cong as Mark Noumair.

It is my strong belief that the Americans rule the GB....

• brinjen
    brinjen

If there is a hell, I hope the old bastard spends eternity suffering torment in it. punching bag

My dedication...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCwtDRHXzy0

Jackass

To know you is to hate you
    So loving you must feel like suicide
    Well I don't mind
    If you don't mind
    Hell I am not the one that's gonna die

I guess I just can't listen to
    This one sided conversation again
    Cause I don't care
    If I don't care