Religion and Cults

by alice.in.wonderland 125 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD
    Is it safe to say the scientific community would slam all religions as cults: “myth—persistent, persuasive and unrealistic” and that Ray Franz and the associated cult accusations are outdated considering that religion is slowly being dissolved by the scientific community?

I don't think it's safe to assume that the scientific community would have one consistent opinion on religion in general or on any given religion in particular. It really would depend upon the discipline that is offering the opinion.

There is nothing wrong with creationism as a religious belief. Creationism is sharply criticized when its proponents attempt to present it as a science.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

My favorite cult song is Edie and of course She sell's sanctuary. Bad religion is pretty good too. Can't say I have a fav song of there's thou.

Blue Oyster Cult on the other hand is classic. Fav song .......... Don't fear the Reaper .... thanks Will Farell.

Now my question to you is ..... does the word cult apply here??????

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Yes, it does Darth

It is the cult of the blue oyster. I just realized that could be a euphemism for something else!

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

OMG your right HAHAHAHAA

• Mary
    Mary

Here Alice, maybe these can help you next time you start a thread:

+

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I am still stuck between Glennfidich 18 year old and Johnny Walker Green. I still haven't had a shot of blue yet. I might take care of that this weekend in lieu of Teddy J's passing. Seems like as good a reason as any...

• Mary
    Mary

Hey Jeff, I've got some new Miracle Wheat you can wash it all down with! I'll sell it to you for the low, low price of $144,000!!!

But wait! If you call me now, I'll throw in a years' subscription of the Watchtower and Awake! magazine at no extra charge!!

Just call: 1-I AM-STOOPID and give me your credit card number along with the secret encription code on the back. I'll also need to know what your limit is.

Don't Wait! Call me now!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Mary, I haven't had enough JW Blue yet...

Wait, I guess I have had the wrong kind of JW blue.... ;)

I tried to call that number and there was a busy signal. I tried a 2nd time and the message was for me to bend over and take a Watchtower for this Sunday.... Needless to say, they were quite surprised to find 30 years worth of remnants of old WT's. (I had a JW enema)

Ok, thats all I have for gross metaphorical jokes....

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Mary I did all you said , but I didn't receive a conformation #.... will that be a problem???

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

??????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit