Religion and Cults

by alice.in.wonderland 125 Replies latest watchtower bible

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Almost from its inception, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, known originally as Zion's Watch Tower, has been guilty of misleading the public and their followers with claims that are wildly inaccurate and, in some cases, border on scams."

Use common sense: Nobody that volunteers their time and effort at Bethel uses any of the money that goes into the organization for luxury items including the governing body, unlike any other organized religion and their leaders. I have trusted family and friends at Bethel and I've been there many times. It's only the slanderous gossip of apostates that pick at something so stupid like “miracle wheat.” You'll believe anything you hear if it's negativity about Jehovah's Witnesses but your going to have to better than that if you want anyone but compulsive liars to accept it.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Riiiight. What about all the responses I gave you on your other bullshit thread that's something like 30 pages long now?

There's something about Mary. I love her attitude.

P.S. I think Alice should star in a Watchtower cover.

Think About It

• Heaven
    Heaven

I call BS AIW. This article has quite an interesting look at Da Judge and how he spent money during the Great Depression:

http://www.watchthetower.net/deed.html

That wanker could have fed a lot of starving people.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Use common sense: Nobody that volunteers their time and effort at Bethel uses any of the money that goes into the organization
    for luxury items including the governing body, unlike any other organized religion and their leaders......AIW

WBT$ President Rutherford owned 2 Cadillac Coupes..

Gangster Al Capone only owned 1..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

What's wrong, love? Does miracle wheat emberass you? It should... but then, I don't imagine delusional people are capable of emberassment.

Kiss the monkey!

• only me
    only me

AIW-

You don't have to go back to the days of the Judge to see the extravagance.

You say you visit Bethel... you must have seen the chandelier at Patterson. Pretty little million dollar bauble isn't it?

• debator
    debator

Definition of Cult changes from person to person or from scholar to scholar. Older definitions require there to be an excess of religious ceremonies and ritualistic practises. More modern Viewpoints are anti-leadership and anyone having an authoritive position that is easily abused.

Much of these newer definitions were apawned by the Waco incident, among a few other similar incidents. Were an anti-christ-like figure instead of caring for his flock brings great harm both mentally and physically on them.

I feel personally the word "Cult" is a bit of a trigger word for both the accused and the accuser.

A so-called "are you in a cult list" usually involves a set of very clever deliberately general cold-reading verbose questions that are so suggestive they invite the reader to define their own experience with any group within the spacious parametres of the questions. The person hen supplies the answers themselves and finds 100% of the time they are in a cult.

A way to see how much they questions manipulate you is to apply a workplace boss or govenment leader to these questions and find they too fit the parametres.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh my little debator,

I am well aware the Jehovahs Witnesses fall more into the "high control group" criteria than "cult". Emotion often clogs the actual definition from those who are sick of being victimized. It's one or the other, love, pick your poison. To me, it's irrelevant.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I wouldn't say cult but agree with high control group personally. Robert Lifton's definition hits the mark no matter what label you choose.

And pursuant to the topic and poster in question, denial is not just a river in Egypt. But hey, whatever turns your crank.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

an organization that has a Jones Town/Waco tragedy a thousand times over, an organization that forbade it's members to purchase party cards from a one party dictatorship headed by a megalomaniac, the results included rape/kidnap/tar and feathering/murder all the while a dozen or so stupid old men sitting in comfort and solace including 2 homosexuals sodomizing in the House of Jehovah, yet allowed it's members in another nation to purchase forged/stolen National Service Exemption Certificates? Yep all the tell tale signs of a dangerous/high control CULT if you ask a million members of the general public

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit