Religion and Cults

by alice.in.wonderland 125 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

AIW, you are a master bater.

You can go blind doing that AIC, or at least become a homosexual.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Ah...anger. A step beyond blind denial. This is a good sign, everyone. :)

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

OMG!!

I just saw the HATEFUL BIGOT remark!!!

Exsqueeze me????

A baking powder????

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

AIW, stay on the forum. Just try to be more relevant. You cut/paste three different unrelated articles in this thread. What do you REALLY believe?

• palmtree67
  • palmtree67
    palmtree67

Here, Alice, I like this one better:

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

AIW read this carefully !

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

9. The group/leader is always right.

10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Ten warning signs regarding people involved in/with a potentially unsafe group/leader.

1. Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.

2. Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.

3. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".

4. Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.

5. Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.

6. Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.

7. A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.

8. Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.

9. Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.

10. Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

An aposta-kiss for Alice.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I laughed so loud at Darth and Mrs Jones at the start of this thread that I think I may have woken the neighbors.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Mrs. Jones, that was priceless!

Is it safe to say the scientific community would slam all religions as cults: “myth—persistent, persuasive and unrealistic” and that Ray Franz and the associated cult accusations are outdated considering that religion is slowly being dissolved by the scientific community?

OK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit