Gratitude from a long time lurker!

by Thetis 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Think About It
    Think About It

Thetis.......Welcome to the board. Such a touching introduction. You will do well here and make many friends.

Think About It

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Thanks Thetis, I enjoyed your thoughts!

Welcome and I look forward to more of your comments!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Nice story. Welcome. You'll find peace and support here. Join the fun.

JediMaster.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome - we are glad you have stepped out of the shadows.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OTWO, your post made me cry because my outcome might have been different had someone like you been involved.

I assume you are refering to my personal story about trying to help the flock where I describe how I developed as an elder. Well, whatever you are talking about, I am humbled. I am also sorry that my very last judicial case wound up just like yours. I was the chairman, but the other two elders took control and asked those terrible embarassing questions of a beautiful lady in her twenties and destroyed her.

My point is that there are so many elders towing the company line that I don't feel I really had any significant influence on any outcomes.

Anyway, your thread is very touching and personal. Thanks for sharing. I still go to therapy for depression and matters highly surrounding the Jehovah's Witnesses. I love your statement that you are "on the way to a place of healing." I get that. It took me awhile to stop looking at my experiences with JW's from anger and bitterness, but I finally look at them from knowledge.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Welcome !!!

I am so glad you came out of the shadows and finally posted .

Your story reaches me in a very personal way ....... the story of what happened with you as a teen and how it affected your relationship with your Mother are very close to what I experienced . Everytime I hear these kind of experiences repeated it just makes me shake my head in disgust . How many young peoples lives have been scarred by this unthoughtful behavior ?

So glad you went through therapy and found some relief and are now on a healing path .

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to the board - you express yourself very well.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Welcome to the board, thetis.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit