When is the Big GENERATIONS WT Study in congregations?

by daringhart13 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Is changing the definition of Generation the same as changing your doctrine?

It depends on two things:

1. What is your definition of doctrine.

2. What is the correct definition of Generation.

If by doctrine you refer to the WTS understanding of this phrase... "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur". then yes changing the definition of Genration changes their doctrine (on several occaisons).

Cheers

• Pootler
    Pootler

My brother's first response when I told him about the noo-lite (tm), : "What that? That's old stuff that is!"

Mind you, he did stop replying to e-mails when i disingenuously asked him how they got from the actual scripture to this codswallop. Scaredy cat. Now he'll have to make up all those hours he spent debating me by actually going on on the min.

• agent zero
    agent zero

what a bummer when i discovered that it falls right on convention weekend here! that way the paragraph doesn't even get read and there's no audience comments about it at all...

• Pootler
    Pootler

Bugger, AZ, it falls on my brother's convention weekend too. I'm sure it's a complete coincidence that they decided to have this particular WT studied during convention season though, right?

• agent zero
    agent zero

yeah, i thought so too, this way there's a great number of congregations where no one like us can offer thought provoking comments or even just observe the reaction to the rediculous ones. toobad though, for once i was actually looking forward to going to the meeting, i even considered going to a morning AND afternoon one

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My brother's first response when I told him about the noo-lite (tm), : "What that? That's old stuff that is!"

Whenever a Dub tries to say this is NOT new light, ask them why it is being presented in an article about how holy spirit HELPS THE GB UNDERSTAND NEW LIGHT as the primary and most recent example of it.

Also, mention to him that in some languages (American Sign Language, for one) the WT comes right out and calls this a "change" and compares it with the OLD LIGHT from 1995 about the generation being wicked people.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Ok I need to look at that article and study really good! ;)

• debator
    debator

A lot of people replied but I felt I wasn't very clear and I need a few questions to clarify.

Is "generation" part of a prophecy by Jesus?

Did Jesus give us signs etc so that we could evaluate to know when?

If we are supposed to know from signs that Jesus gave us and note it says mark 13: 14 “However, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation standing where it ought not (let the reader use discernment) why then ask us to use understanding/decernment on them?

This proves we should be evaluating the signs around the generation in preparation, decerning/understanding them. Otherwise there was no point to Jesus giving us the signs to look out for.

By this it is clear prophecy is not meant to be an exact science but more about readiness.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I now believe that scripture refers to the "Pepsi Generation" of the 1990's.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Never let a cult member get away wih a BS statement.

Make them prove it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit