When is the Big GENERATIONS WT Study in congregations?

by daringhart13 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Does anyone know??

• watson
    watson

6/13/10

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

This Sunday, should be fun!!!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think the Aware ones (conscious class) among us may well be overplaying the effect it will have tbh.

From my gentle probings (oo err) of others the reactions have been combinations of these:

"What generation change?" (proceeds to show them... then)

"So, what's different about that?"

"That sounds reasonable to me."

"Nothing wrong with that."

My 45yrs "in" Reg Pioneer mother didnt even bat an eyelid FFS!!

Cheers

• teel
    teel

You are right, I also think it will pass without any serious notice. I find this pretty frightening, this change is really stretching the limits of credibility, and they still buy into it. It is scary to think what could come next - if the majority doesn't have a problem with a word being used in a way that noone on Earth uses it, then they won't have a problem when something even more incredible would come along. They're slowly trained to accept whatever they hear, no matter how crazy it is.

• wobble
    wobble

As someone rightly said on here "They have gone beyond ludicrous" .

And yet, the DroneDubs will not even register how silly it is, so the money will keep flowing in for a few more years at least, and a mainly new GB will have to come up with some more "Noolite", but it will not matter how silly that is either.

• joeblow
    joeblow

"What generation change?"

Exactly!!! No one has noticed. Only those who are looking in from outside are aware there's a change. I was "in" during the 1995 change... I honestly didn't know there was one then. In my mind 1914 was still the same thing with the same teaching as it was all through the 1980's. I also wasn't aware of a 2008 change - but to be fair, I haven't been paying any attention since 2002. The only reason I'm even aware there was a doctrinal change is because I've been reading here, and then did my own research to verify.

I really am convinced that the latest change in the generation thing will be completely 100% missed by the vast majority. They won't even notice. The WT study will come and go, and the only ones who will sit up and say "Hey WTF!" are those already on their way out.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I agree that it will be missed by the majority. The only ones it will help are those who are mentally ready and looking.

Nobody from my family caught it as anything different at the convention. I even printed out the study Watchtower article from jw.org before we recieved the mag and discussed it with my wife ... she sees no change.

We had the review of the convention at the service meeting last Thursday, nobody brought up the new understanding at all from the audience, they just talked about points from the beginning of the talk and the new DVD. The speaker handling the part ended up saying "there was a clarification of the generation".

• nicolaou
  • blondie
    blondie

I do believe it is only 2 paragraphs out of the article, not the whole article.

13, 14. (a) Who make up “this generation” mentioned by Jesus? (b) Give an example showing that the holy spirit is at work in bringing Bible truths to light. (See the box “Are You Keeping Up With Increased Light?”) 13 Third, holy spirit is at work in bringing Bible truths to light. (Prov. 4:18) This magazine has long been used by “the faithful and discreet slave” as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. (Matt. 24:45) For example, consider our understanding of those who make up “this generation” mentioned by Jesus. (Read Matthew 24:32-34.) To what generation did Jesus refer? The article “Christ’s Presence — What Does It Mean to You?” explained that Jesus was referring, not to the wicked, but to his disciples, who were soon to be anointed with holy spirit.* Jesus’ anointed followers, both in the first century and in our day, would be the ones who would not only see the sign but also discern its meaning — that Jesus “is near at the doors.” 14 What does this explanation mean to us? Although we cannot measure the exact length of “this generation,” we do well to keep in mind several things about the word “generation”: It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then, are we to understand Jesus’ words about “this generation”? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end. The fulfillment of the various features of the sign clearly indicate that the tribulation must be near. By maintaining your sense of urgency and keeping on the watch, you show that you are keeping up with advancing light and following the leadings of holy spirit. — Mark 13:37.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit