When is the Big GENERATIONS WT Study in congregations?

by daringhart13 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

You know, Coffee House Girl, you bring up something with that box on that page, I looked that over too and had this look trying to figure out wtf was the point of inserting that box with those comments. Your comment is exactly how it made me react.

Also, spending 2 paragraphs on this change is almost as if their saying to the R&F, "you never understood, nor will ever understand our interpretation of the generation doctrine, so here is our token effort to mention it. But we'll be changing it once again in a few years so pay this no mind."

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yeah, that was done in the WT of 3-1-04, "The Faithful Slave Passes the Test."

There were a lot of confused looks during that study.

One year later, I was out of there.

Syl

• donny
    donny

Once a person has resigned themselves to believe a person or group speaks for God exclusively, you can tell them anything and they will believe it.

I remember back in the 1980's the following question was directed at Catholics in one of the Society's publications (not sure which). They asked that if the Pope suddenly had a revelation that there is a 4th person that is part of the Godhead, how many Catholics would just accept it and go on with their lives?

The Witnesses are just as enslaved to their oracle (the governing body) as the Catholics are to theirs. It is funny how they love bashing Catholicsm when at the same time they use pretty much the same business model in their organization.

Donny

• agonus
    agonus

And how do we know "the faithful slave" passed the test? Why, because they told us so, of course!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

BS article:

He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation.

We see their favorite word to dictate policy and prophecy 'evidently' in use to explain what Jesus meant to make it fit with the fact they have been crying 'wolf' and that the 'sky is falling for almost a century.

Here is another aspect that should bite them in the arse but those still in won't think twice about this. Think about how they claim that every prophecy has a practical fullfillment and a archtypical fullfillmeant. In the past they said that Jesus words about Generation had the practical fullfillment in 70 c.e. when the romans leveled Jeruselem. They would say how that occured during the generation of those Jesus was preaching to (some 40 years later.) Than they would point to our time and say that the generation (was) 70 -80 years and soon Jesus' words will have its archtypical fullfillment in our times.

As much as what I just typed was BS when they tried to sell it 20 years ago (and more) this new shyt is just dumb than a...Ok let me calm down was getting a lil carried away there, but yall get the picture.

• DeathSentry
    DeathSentry

To add: At the upcoming convention, they will stress how obedience is required to get through these last days; I think this makes me the angriest. I've been studying off and on for years, was an unbaptized publisher, parents and brother are in it.. and to make a change and stress obedience simultaneously is just so controlling.

I still am very much tied the religion, but after 1995, and then 2008 seemed to restore a timeline, but this latest basically has the overlapping generations which could really span out and really makes you look at the stark foolishness and arbitrariness of it all. So my parents, now in their 70s, who hoped to not have to face death, with this new teaching, after all these years will have to face that reality along with the rest of my family. THAT's what makes me angry, setting a false expectation and pulling the rug from under people at the last minute AND telling them at the same time, gotta stay obedient!!

INFURIATING!!!

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    13 Third, holy spirit is at work in bringing Bible truths to light. (Prov. 4:18) This magazine has long been used by “the faithful and discreet slave” as the primary channel for dispensing increased light. (Matt. 24:45) For example, consider our understanding of those who make up “this generation” mentioned by Jesus.

The GB is playing its "mass cult control" cards right just before letting the "generation" change out of the bag. Look at how they begin paragraph 13 above. They begin by bringing out the first big gun: Prov 4:18. That particular scripture does NOT reference the Holy Spirit AT ALL. Does it matter? NO! Second, they like to point out that it is the "slave" that dispenses "increased light" about Bible truths (through the WT magazine, of course). And how does the "slave" bring out "increased light"? Through the work of the holy spirit! And yet, they're not "inspired". Pfffftt.... This reminds of a particular paragraph in ISOCF where Ray Franz quoted Ron Frye and said that there is no real difference between claiming to be "inspired" and "revealing" new truths.

So the GB pulls out its two main guns: Prov 4:18 and Matt 24:45-47 to present it's latest interpretation. They're not playing around here. They meant serious business when preparing this material. And by serious business, I mean they are trying really hard to create some more urgency for the R/F. Too bad it won't work. They R/F don't even know what they believe. They just follow orders.

Can you say: Pathetic!!

• debator
    debator

Jesus said to use decernment on prophecy which indicates prophecy is a subjective science given to us to use. It will need constant reference to reading/looking for signs, collating bible information . prayerful requests of Jehovah for spirit guidance and reviewing bible chronology and readjustments as needed. It isn't meant to be perfect or exact. It is literally a work in progress! Biblical Prophecy fulfillment is clearly shown to only be 100% perfect in hindsight Jesus himself had to explain which prophecies he fulfilled to the Jews that had missed them completely. But we are commanded to do this and to be in agreement on it.

If this is the most SHOCKING thing you have against witnesses, that they actually try and interpret/decern bible Prophecy as per Jesus's command, it is not a very strong case in your favour.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Give it up debator. The WT has been shown on plenty of threads here to be a genuine, certified false prophet. LOL

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The purpose of the box is in the title.. "Are You Keeping Up With Increased Light?" (why do they insist on capitalising all the words in titles like this?)

The box is right next to the two paragraphs with the generation change in them. Yet the box makes NO MENTION of it.

It's a subtle mind game to make you accept the change .....heres 5 things we've changed that you've previously accepted, can you spot another in the paragraphs on this same page? IF NOT THEN YOU ARE NOT KEEPING UP!!!!

Simples...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit