When is the Big GENERATIONS WT Study in congregations?

by daringhart13 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• debator
    debator

I'm sorry Isaac

I think you clearly failed to show this. You took scriptures out of their meaning and context. You can keep calling witnesses false prophets (that is your perogative and choice I will not argue that) but it doesn't make your accusations true, either biblically or in God's eyes. The burden of proof was on you to provide back up for your accusations but you failed.

• Titus
    Titus

Debator - please, answer me, who are you?

Are you active Witness?

• debator
    debator

Hi titus

I am someone that likes to debate it is my name and my Modus Operandi. Beyond this I chose not to muddy the clear waters of debate. Which should be the topic not the person.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Re Debator: damn mozilla wont let me copy and paste!

I'm sorry, analise what you said... "prayerful requests for spirit guidance..." That will suffice. The WTS is Gods spirit directed organisation correct? You know it is,...

So after much prayer for spirit direction in all these things over all these years, ...to what exactly has Gods Spirit directed the WTS, his spirit directed organisation?

Now then why do they keep changing their minds and reinventing old light as new light? Wouldnt Gods Spirit if so given lead them directly to correct understanding?

Anything other than that either indicates the absense of said spirit direction, or the direction of a mocking cunning scheming spirit that has little interest in truth wouldnt you say?

Try logic over the less stressful cognative dissonance.

Cheers

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Jesus said to use decernment on prophecy which indicates prophecy is a subjective science given to us to use. It will need constant reference to reading/looking for signs, collating bible information . prayerful requests of Jehovah for spirit guidance and reviewing bible chronology and readjustments as needed. It isn't meant to be perfect or exact. It is literally a work in progress! Biblical Prophecy fulfillment is clearly shown to only be 100% perfect in hindsight Jesus himself had to explain which prophecies he fulfilled to the Jews that had missed them completely. But we are commanded to do this and to be in agreement on it.

Amazing how someone who considers himself a debator can rattle off a paragraph so full of assertions so completely devoid of ANY SUPPORTING EVIDENCE.

Jesus said to use decernment on prophecy - Where and when did he say this? How do you know it applies to all prophecy rather than one specific event?

...which indicates prophecy is a subjective science given to us to use. - How does the previous assertion indicate any such thing?

It will need constant reference to reading/looking for signs, collating bible information . prayerful requests of Jehovah for spirit guidance and reviewing bible chronology and readjustments as needed. - Do you have ANY evidence for this?

It isn't meant to be perfect or exact. - Where did you find evidence of this inexact and imperfect intention behind Bible prophecy? Please share it with us.

It is literally a work in progress! - What do you base this assertion on?

Biblical Prophecy fulfillment is clearly shown to only be 100% perfect in hindsight - First, show that it is 100% perfect, then show how that perfection only exists in hindsight and that the prophecy fulfillment is somehow imperfect beforehand.

Jesus himself had to explain which prophecies he fulfilled to the Jews that had missed them completely. - He had to? Evidence?

But we are commanded to do this and to be in agreement on it. - Commanded by who, where, and on what authority?

• sir82
    sir82
    they actually try and interpret/decern bible Prophecy as per Jesus's command

Oh I agree. The Society is quite trying!

Question: Is there a difference between "trying to discern Bible prophecy" and "180 degree flip flops"?

1920's - 1994: A "generation" is the lifespan of someone of the age of understandinga young child someone born in 1914, until Armageddon.

1995 - 2007: A "generation" is a bunch of wicked people living in the "last days", no starting or ending point

2008 - 2009: A "generation" is all the anointed since 1914

2010 - ????: A "generation" is comprised of 2 overlapping "groups" of anointed (no definition of "group" supplied), one of which was around in 1914, the second of which is around when Armageddon comes

4 definitions (and counting!) in 15 years. Quite frankly, the more they thrash around on this stuff, the more credibility they lose.

If they have any credibility left to lose, that is, after saying Armageddon is coming "soon!!!" for the past 130+ years.

• Titus
    Titus

Debator,

Jehovah revealed himself and his qualities. He revealed to us more than only Biblical topics. He revealed himself. His person.

Are you an active Witness?

• crazycate
    crazycate

"The box is right next to the two paragraphs with the generation change in them. Yet the box makes NO MENTION of it.

It's a subtle mind game to make you accept the change .....heres 5 things we've changed that you've previously accepted, can you spot another in the paragraphs on this same page? IF NOT THEN YOU ARE NOT KEEPING UP!!!!"

WMF: Good point. Very devious.

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

Is changing the definition of Generation the same as changing your doctrine?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The WTS does not change doctrine, they add more light to a subject to make it clearer. HA HA.

The WTS is only trying to justify why the end has not came yet. 1914 was a long, long time ago. This buys them more time to urge the jws to pioneer and be loyal to the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit