Did your congregation have "Talent" Shows?

by lepermessiah 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

LOL!! This really looks like the first lesson of Sister Act 1 with that old lady behind the piano.

But I used to organise a talentshow in my congr. And we had some pretty good performances! Two brothers that performed the bluesbrothers were fantastic and the little girls dancing on Chipz were so cute. My congr. in England did organise a talentshow as well and the stand-up comedy was very good!

And the performance of my flowergirl and my dad and some brothers at my wedding was of course on of the best show e-ver!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r937FIMlZo

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We had a nice mixture of fun and corny .

One year when our kids were really small we re -enacted Goliath and our little boy as David used a sling shot with a nerf ball and nailed the 6'4 Goliath right between the eyes ! It was really funny . Another year the teens did a parody of their parents and dressed in sixties /seventies style clothes & music .

We had two elderly sweetheart of sisters do a skit of George Burns and Gracie Allen , George had a wrapped cigar as a prop and everytime she put it in her mouth the tip glowed red .....I found that quite hilarious .....some others were offended .

To my embarrassment now I have to admit to being one of those poor dubs that sang a kingdom song harmony for entertainment ,good grief I hope it never ends up on youtube !

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Oh now I've seen it all or have I.....lol

Ouch!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Although that gave me the heebies, I think it is great that congos had such gatherings, and that even the older ones could do something they thought was fun. In the olden days when I was a "yoot," those were great times, everyone together having fun putting on a show.

They could use a little of that these days.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Ours were awful. Always a bunch of people that couldn't sing at all. But they thought they could so they put that extra push into it.

LOL

-mentallyfree31-

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

LOL@ Brizzy you got a PM.

• upnorth
    upnorth

I can't make myself click on those videos

• zoiks
    zoiks

I've only been to one. We were visiting Salt Lake City for a wedding, and there was a really big talent show with several congregations involved, if I recall correctly. They had rented the amphitheater in a large park, and you had to be 'on the list' to get in. We were lucky fortunate to have been added to the list at the last minute!

Yeah, it was mostly corny, subpar performances... though one older guy did a great rendition of 'Blackbird' by the Beatles.

All in all, a really weird scene.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

No, a talent show was considered but then dismissed as bringing too much praise upon the individual.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

upnorth, That's pretty funny. Neither can I.

There was NO FUN in the Commonwealth Avenue Charlotte Congregation. I'm not exagerrating. Of course, I was in there pre-1975. So everything was super serious getting ready for Armaggedon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit