God, Gays & Evangelicals

by alice.in.wonderland 82 Replies latest social relationships

• mind blown
    mind blown

I must say.....this has been my favorite thead so far! So many AWESOME contributions!

I'm not gay myself....(though I can be a tomgirl at times, gosh, now that I think about it...used to chase them down...and fought for my right to be in my cousins neighborhood, boys club...(I cried my way in)...anyway.....this is a critical religious and political issue, as mentioned.

There was a news segment the other day where religious crazies were teaching their children to HATE gays! Even going so far as to having their little children and teens standing on street corners with signs saying.....I HATE GAYS and GOD HATES GAYS!

One teenager left home because she realized these actions were wrong and her parents asked her to move out. Even her tiny little sister banished her!

• mind blown
    mind blown

I stand corrected....when the teenager realized gay bashing was wrong, she spoke with her parents and they asked her to move out! They won't speak with her, though she's tried to reason with them. Parents also organize little marches with other crazies and are allowing the little ones to call gays, fags.....

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I think the Westboro thing is so awful it's funny.

• steve2
    steve2

Heterosexuals do a pretty good job themselves of undermining the sacred value of marriage without 'blaming' homosexuals for 'threatening' to do so. Marriage includes legal rights as well as responsibilities which I, as a gay man living with another in a legal civil union, am fully capable of honouring.

• mind blown
    mind blown

A friend of mine stated ....and what gay couple could wake up the next morning and say, they made a drunken baby mistake....?

I've always viewed gays as a new nation/breed of mankind. Not even a sub culture anymore. I'm mean really. There's so many that have come out of the closet to ignore. I'm surrounded by them. I live on the border of W. Hollywood. I have many friends that are gay.

If anyone wants to point the hate stick, and view it as an imperfect gene glitch...or sinful choice......blame Adam and Eve....and Thank Christ for bringing back "All Of Sinful Mankind" into Gods Grace.

Tomorrow is the Gay Parade.....they'll be raising their flag in droves. The only thing that will really piss me off ....if I don't have parking when I get back from farmers market! Grrrrrrrr........

• guyjeff4850
    guyjeff4850

its okay to be gay.

doesn't christianity teach that you're supposed to love everyone?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Jehovah's Witnesses don't participate in attempting to use the federal government as device to control the personal lives of others

Bullshit! You Lie!

What about the WTs use of the Supreme Court to further their ability to spread their cancerous hate to innocent people?

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Jehovah's Witnesses don't participate in attempting to use the federal government as device to control the personal lives of others

Bullshit! You Lie!

What about the WTs use of the Supreme Court to further their ability to spread their cancerous hate to innocent people?"

Are you referring to opponents of Jehovah's Witnesses using the federal government as a tool to shut down the preaching activity?

It's called religious freedom (a freedom all can enjoy in this country) and freedom of speech. This is a constitutional right. You can choose not to listen if you disagree with their teachings and they'll put you on a do-not-call list.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

What it's called is using the Judicial branch of the United States Government to further your own ends. It doesn't matter if it's in defense of religious freedom or in defense of your rights to be an arrogant ass on this forum.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"What it's called is using the Judicial branch of the United States Government to further your own ends. It doesn't matter if it's in defense of religious freedom or in defense of your rights to be an arrogant ass on this forum."

I'm not trying to portray myself as high and mighty (maybe defensive after reading the stuff you and others send me). Most ex-Christians I've spoken to have lost confidence in God and have abandoned organized religion altogether. Their focus is not isolated into a relatively small religious group like JWs. Their objective (in the context of metaphysics) is to keep religion out of government and education and convince believers that God doesn’t exist. They sincerely believe this is a real contribution to society. For whatever reason your thinking is consolidated into what you perceive as a cult. Are you an atheist, agnostic or a theist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit