Say NO to a mosque at Ground Zero!!

by Scully 108 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gregor
    Gregor

The inside joke that the Islamics are having on the US is that this is not just a mosque it is a memorial to the 9-11 hijackers. If they build it then we are a bunch of stupid sheep.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Greg Gutfeld is planning on opening a bar nearby. . .

I'm announcing tonight, that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.

This is not a joke. I've already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance.

As you know, the Muslim faith doesn't look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I'm building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world.

The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith. The bar will be open all day and night, to accommodate men who would rather keep their sexuality under wraps - but still want to dance.

Bottom line: I hope that the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine.

http://www.dailygut.com/?i=4696

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

NY Governor Offers State Help if Developers of Ground Zero Mosque Seek to Relocate

New York Gov. David Paterson is offering state help if the developers of a proposed mosque near ground zero agree to move the project farther from the site of the Sept. 11 attacks.

<br/>

Paterson said Tuesday that he understands the resentment many feel against the plan for an Islamic cultural center a few blocks from ground zero.

The Democrat says that although the project is protected by the U.S. Constitution's guarantee of religious freedom, New York is still suffering from the attacks. He says some state property elsewhere might be suitable.

He notes that Muslims were among those killed in the 2001 attacks fueled by fanaticism, not the religion as most observe it.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2010/08/ny_governor_offers_help_moving_ground_zero_mosque.php?ref=fpblg

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A new ad campaign has been launched in NYC. The ad below will appear on NYC buses.

New York City's transit agency has approved a bus advertisement that depicts a plane flying toward the World Trade Center's towers as they burn along with a rendering of a proposed mosque near ground zero.

The ad was paid for by the American Freedom Defense Initiative, an organization that opposes radical Islamic influence in the United States. The group's executive director says she doesn't find the ad offensive.

The group sued the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to demand it accept the ad, which was approved Monday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/10/ground-zero-mosque-bus-ad_n_676719.html

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Greg Gutfeld is planning on opening a bar nearby. . .

They should call it "Ground Queero."

BTS

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

CNN Poll: Overwhelming Majority of Americans Oppose Mosque

According to the new survey out Wednesday, nearly 70 percent of all Americans oppose the controversial plan to build the mosque just blocks away from the solemn site in lower Manhattan while just 29 percent favor the construction.

Broken down by party affiliation, 54 percent of Democrats oppose the plans while 82 percent of Republicans disapprove. Meanwhile, 70 percent of independents said they are against the proposal.

The poll also showed opposition did not vary widely by age.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/11/overwhelming-majority-oppose-mosque-near-ground-zero/

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Douglas Murray, a British freelance journalist. . .

. . .

When the pope comes to London next month, he is going to be greeted by substantial numbers of protests organized by people calling for his arrest and accusing him of the wildest hatreds. Yet we do not hear that critics of the pope are bigoted, “Christianophobic.” Nor even if they were should it cause any alarm. But Islam is different.

Why? It goes back to the “phobia” business. Arachnophobia is an irrational fear of spiders and claustrophobia is an irrational fear of small places. They are irrational because most small spiders and most small spaces do not kill you. There are, however, very sensible reasons to be fearful of many forms of Islam. Commuters in London and Madrid know why. As do Dutch filmmakers. And so do the numerous Muslim-born writers, artists, and musicians who spend their lives in hiding for fear of murder from their erstwhile co-religionists for “crimes” like “apostasy” and literary criticism.

But the cowardice in identifying this and cringing stupidity of what passes for intellectuals and commentators in America, like the U.K., today is staggering.

I regard myself as pretty much color blind and religion blind. And I expect the favor to be returned. When I go into a mosque, I take my shoes off. When I go to Muslim countries, I behave in the manner they expect. But religious toleration is a two-way street. America is not a Muslim country.

Islam however has never been historically very good at understanding this. For all leading Islamic scholars the whole world belongs to Islam. Non-Muslims don’t have a say in it.

Except we do.

. . .

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-08-12/ground-zero-mosque-controversy-and-american-muslims/full/

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

while just 29 percent favor the construction.

I saw this poll last night, and I was quite pleased, but shocked. I commented to my husband that I didn't think anywhere near 29% of Americans would be able to put their emotions aside and logically process this issue.

Again, we must thank our founding fathers who had the forsight to establish a Constitution to protect us from the masses. How lucky we are that they feared them. Goooo Hamiltonian democracy!!!!!

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Would this be like a group of neo-nazis proposing to build a replica of Auschwitz in downtown Tel Aviv?

Nope. It actually WAS the Nazis that perpetrated the Holocaust. The overwhelming majority of Muslims condemn the 9-11 attacks. Refusing a mosque near to ground zero is like saying Muslims are all terrorist sympathisers. Absolutely shameful thing to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit