Why do all intelligent Christians disobey Jesus?

by StoneWall 347 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Leaving

It's also a rejection of the bible as the word of God.
  • tec
    tec

Leaving - Yes, I suppose it is. (from my limited knowledge on what Calvinism is)

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. We're all wrong about things. So since I already know that I'm going to be wrong about some things, then I would much rather err on the side of love and mercy. Not out of fear of judgment or punishment. But rather, because I think that is true to the love and mercy Jesus showed and taught.

Tammy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I would much rather err on the side of love and mercy

I like that. The world would be a much better place if more people agreed with you.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    PSac
    DD, I see your point, I don't think you see mine though.

Not only do I see it I used to believe it.

You are adamant that ALL people are NOT God's children, my point is that its for God to decide who are his and who aren't and that we can't do that so we must regard all as his children till God declares otherwise.

I agree, but remember the bible says he made that choice before the foundation of the world. Eph 1:4

I don't think that God has made a decision on that untill the very end anyways, I don't believe in predestination in that way.

I see that, and wonder why you reject the bible.

Yes, some people will never come to God, but that is not because they are not his children because he has "shunned them" from birth, or ordained that they not be his children, but because, even when confronted with the truth, even when confronted with Jesus, they STILL CHOOSE not to believe.

What does it mean to be a "vessel of wrath prepared for destruction?" see Romans 9:22

We are all God chidlren up untill you make that choice were there is no turnung back and then itis OUR choice, OURS and can't be lamed on God for "reordaning" such a thing.

There you go again binding God with human free will.

If he did then indeed, God would NOT be a God of love for, as per Corinthians, love doesn't work that way

Hmmm Looks like Paul has some questions for ya.

Rom 9:18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires. 19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?" 20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it? 21Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? 22What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Deputy Dog

It's also a rejection of the bible as the word of God.

This is a point I have made many times. But it has been explained to me that the Word of God is Jesus. The bible is whatever you want it to be, and who am I to disagree? Glad you are still entire after getting your posts cut off.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Wow the discussions have continued while I been away. Very nice.

I would like to go back and touch on something that I intentionally skipped over last night because of being tired and

sleepy.(and frankly was wanting time to think how to answer such a wild,fanciful "explanation")

Quoting XJW4EVR:

If someone is righthanded, and they throw a right cross (since most people are righthanded, this is a logical presumption), what cheek are they going to hit? The left. If someone is righthanded, and strikes your right cheek, what have they done? A backhanded and insulting slap. The issue here is not about pacifism in the face of all violence, but pacifism in the case of violenece done to a believer as an insult to his beliefs.

This has got to be the most imaginative,grasping at straws,trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat,jumping through hoops,

throwing the ball up and hoping for anything piece of literary work I've seen in a long time.

I've read a lot but this takes the cake.

I'll have to agree with exjdub about this being one heck of a spin.

I noticed that everyone else kinda glossed over this or decided to talk about something else other than exjdub.

(thanks exjdub for quoting that earlier and letting me know I wasn't the only one that was having a hard time digesting

that explanation.)

Was everyone else just to flabbergasted to respond or did you actually understand/agree with it?

*Edited to add: This was his response to Jesus saying to turn the other cheek in case you're wondering what it was

dealing with, since a lot of posts have occured between his post and now.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Glad you are still entire after getting your posts cut off.

I'm still having formatting problems

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Glad

But it has been explained to me that the Word of God is Jesus.
    The bible is whatever you want it to be, and who am I to disagree?

Explained to you by who?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

BurnTheShips and PSacramento spring to mind.

When I say 'spring,' that word is open to interpretation. Although it is a word, it is not be confused with the word.

Its meaning may alter, depending on what you want it to mean. Its exact meaning may depend on your own relationship with God.

• tec
    tec

Was everyone else just to flabbergasted to respond or did you actually understand/agree with it?

I thought the explanation was a bit of a stretch, yes. Not that it couldn't be applied as well. But in order to consider that to be the interpretation, we'd have to establish that a backhanded slap was a common and known form of insult at the time, and to those people.

I know it is to the Klingons :)

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit