Ray Franz has had a stroke

by coffee_black 211 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ray Franz is a true gentleman.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I wish I could give you an update, but I haven't heard anthing further. I will be at work today, so I won't be able to post until later in the day. If anyone else hears anything, please post...

I think I will print all this out and send to them. Ray touched so many lives. I can find no words...

Coffee

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

A great gentleman. I hope he recovers.

Bangalore

• somebody
    somebody

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Ray and Cynthia.

Thank you so much for the updates, coffee_black!

peace,

somebody/gwen and zev/harold

• Backspacer
    Backspacer

This is sad news. I hope he'll recover. If it wasn't for his books, I'd probably still be in that mess.

Thank you Ray for opening my eyes.

• Zapper_1
    Zapper_1

Very sorry to hear about this. Ray was a real source of support to Ex-JWs. Thanks for letting us know.

• countolaf
    countolaf

My thoughts are also with Ray and Cynthia at this time. Thank you for helping so many people, myself included.

Here is something in a letter from Ray that helped clear my head not very long ago: After quoting part of 1 Corinthians 13, he said:

" When I listen to some harp on a particular doctrine which professes to express in specific terms things which the Scriptures state in general terms, to set out explicitly things on which the Scriptures are not explicit, and define what the Scriptures leave undefined, I ask myself how much love this shows, what loving benefit they think results from this, how it could possibly be of comparable benefit to discussing something that is presented straightforwardly and unambiguously in Scripture and the appreciation of which would have real meaning and benefit in the person’s life. I’m afraid much of what many hear carries echoes of the noisy gong and clashing cymbal."

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ray & Cynthia - two brave and beautiful souls.

My prayer for them is an ancient one:

Numbers 6:24 God bless you and keep you,

25 God smile on you and gift you,

26 God look you full in the face
    and make you prosper. MSG

Sylvia

• Heaven
    Heaven

I hope Ray will be ok, but if it is his time to go, then I hope it comes painlessly for him. My thoughts are with him and his wife.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Such sad news - never unexpected but so sad.

Where would I be without this information that was borne of a loving, kind soul with a conscience?

My thoughts and sentiments are with all related to Ray and Cynthia, a man who liberated so many from an ailing and sick religion - a lady who lovingly supported a truly worthwhile gentleman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit