Watchtower Elders Disfellowship an Elder After Talk- Very Shocking And Troubling

by Scott77 52 Replies latest social current

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Scott77 stated:

If the account is colloborated, then its very troubling and shocking to say the least.

Steve2 ...

I totally agree.

I think all information should be calibrated before reaching unsubstantiated conclusions.

Rub a Dub

• Scott77
    Scott77

@steve2 and RubaDub,

I deeply appreciate your constructive feedbacks. In particular, I agree there are a considerable "wealth of available established, provable information that calls into question JW doctrine and practice". When I set up this thread,I thought at least, someone who might have been inside that congregation, would come forward to provide additional information about that fateful event.

Scott77

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

There is actually direction that specifies the Public talk speaker use the NWT only. Use of other translations is reserved for when the use has been OK'd by being in the source material for the talk. Individuals in the audience would certainly raise eyebrows if they preferred to use another translation for their comments but unless they are aspiring to become MS or Elder they are not held to the same standard. The story is plausible enough but as has been repeatedly said, there is more to it. BTW any seemingly minor transgression can trigger a DFing if the response of the person to direction is deemed divisive. Causing division or rebelliousness is a DFing offense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit