Watchtower Elders Disfellowship an Elder After Talk- Very Shocking And Troubling

by Scott77 52 Replies latest social current

• Scott77
    Scott77

From http://christianwitnesses.com/, I read the following below. Please what is your reaction to the action of the two elders? If the account is colloborated, then its very troubling and shocking to say the least. I believe, this is certainly a great humiliation for someone who was doing what is right and reasonable.

ELDERS FORCIBLY REMOVE BRAVE ELDER WHO READ A VERSE FROM A NON-WATCHTOWER BIBLE!

The following reconstructs an account told to me on May 28, 2010, over the phone by an older, unimpeachable former Jehovah's Witness now Christian sister to whom it was also given by phone, and it shows how paranoid and in what a "Witch hunting" mood Watchtower is from top down into its local kingdom halls.

Recently, possibly in Ohio (not sure) a Jehovah's Witness elder quoted a scripture during a talk at the platform of a kingdom hall. A second elder asked what translation he was using because the scripture is so different due to the distortion given it when mistranslated by Watchtower.

The elder giving the talk said "The New International Version."

The questioning elder said "But we don't use that. We only use the New World Translation. Use that."

The elder responded "No, this is fine."

As soon as he stepped from the platform two other elders sandwiched him in between them, their arms locked across his back and in this way they pulled him along bodily out of the kingdom hall. They later disfellowshipped him.

The congregation has been polarized over this. Of course the elders who expelled the brave pro-Bible elder have patted themselves on the back for being so super-fine in exhibiting the sweet fruits of righteousness, and told the congregation not to be talking about it to other JWs.

Instead their "righteousness" is seen as showing what modern Pharisees they are and word of what they did has now come here onto the internet meaning it's going around the planet even as you read this.
    The sister telling me this noted how brave the disfellowshipped elder. That's indeed the case, although please also remember that it's even more effective to mail a letter to everyone in a kingdom hall(s) with information in it they need to know. Samples of such letters are on this and other pages of this website or write your own. They will be read and they do work.
    Possibly some of you readers will pass along this story, a TRUE story, about a brave elder who cares more for the Bible itself than a translation that is full of holes with numerous twists and wrong wordings in it. Just include it in a letter with some other information of interest. Decades ago nearly all the JWs in a kingdom hall in north Texas, namely Bonham, after educated by letters sent to them stood firm and won against Watchtower in a property dispute.

• four candles
    four candles

Ridiculous!!! I used other translations all the time as they gave a slightly different slant on the point I was trying to make,sometimes the wording is so nice. Witnesses need to be a bit more broadminded.

• watson
    watson

No offense, but sounds like "Aposta-Bilge."

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This story just doesn't ring true to me.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If it is true ......... it's not believable, so don't bother using it. You'll just give ex-JWs a bad name.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It sounds a little out there if you know what I mean.

Possibly this elder had said and done some other things beforehand that put him on a watch .

DF JWS have the pertensity to twist and embellish stories and gossip.

The other possibility is there was a bit of the old power struggling going on within the congregation

and this was the opportunity for the other elders to gang up on this guy and oust him out his position.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Some Apostate's ARE radicals!

Damnit! You are ruining it for the rest of us.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Dont sound right to me either. I wouldn't pass it on unless it was substantiated too.

I used different translations in public talks etc when i wanted. I always said which one and why i used it as well.

never a drama.

oz

• St George of England
    St George of England

Student talks for some weeks recently taken from 'Reasoning' book used other translations widely, especially Jerusalem Bible.

George

• yesidid
    yesidid

I have read some rubbish in my day...............................but that one takes the cake.

I have family who have been on the circuit work and used other translations all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit