Watchtower Elders Disfellowship an Elder After Talk- Very Shocking And Troubling

by Scott77 52 Replies latest social current

• cantleave
    cantleave

This can not be true. I know many elders who use alternative translations to make points during talks. Also there is procedure to be followed before someone can be disfellowshipped, including a 7 day appeal period.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The following reconstructs an account told to me on May 28, 2010, over the phone by an older, unimpeachable former Jehovah's Witness now Christian sister to whom it was also given by phone

So in other words, it’s 3 rd hand information. Yeah, so that’s going to be really reliable information.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This sounds exaggerated. Something like this happened, perhaps. But I wouldn't pass this around.

• designs
    designs

The Watchtower magazine use to quote different Translations all the time, don't know what they do now, but that was the norm.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Correct me if I'm wrong; but weren't we able to buy another translation of the Bible from the literature counter at one time? Was it the Living English Bible?

• freydo
    freydo

Yeah, but can you imagine a speaker getting up and saying,

"I'm using the _____Translation because I think the NWT is inaccurate here."

(and what if the CO was in attendance? LOL)

• moshe
    moshe

What does snopes say? Without names, KH and dates, this is just a rumor like so many other Internet stories.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I think these types of storys are started by WT moles to make Apostates look bad.

The website quoted has it on the front page. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. They are either gullible or working for the bOrg. Either way, it trashes their credibility to any Dubbie that has finally got up the courage to click on a link to it.

• betterdaze
  • Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

This sounds like the email I got that said Obama eats baby squirells for breakfast and has sex with his dead mother's corpse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit