A better way of doing it, with regards to the 'God' question. If you're a theist or deist, please answer this question.

by Psychotic Parrot 86 Replies latest jw friends

• The Finger
    The Finger

Psychotic Parrot,

What would you need to believe in God?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

The Finger,

If you mean the God who supposedly created the universe, then the only way i could ever be 100% certain would be to have a one on one meeting with him/her/it in which he/she/it demonstrated how he/she/it carried out the task of universal creation. Anything less than that would leave room for doubt. But some kind of empirical evidence for the existence of this designer would be a start.

• littlebird
    littlebird

1.Yes, I do know why I believe those things.

2. Guess I don't understand what God of gaps means.

3. I just watched the video, the incidences I'm referring to have nothing to do with predictions. Even the video suggests a person would have to roll the dice several times for all the numbers to occur in sequence. For a serious situation, a crisis, to have all the pieces fall together the first time, at the right time, for me, is a miracle.

Cheers back, kiddo!

• The Finger
    The Finger

psychotic parrot

You will meet him on judgement day and tell him yourself what he needed to do

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

littlebird,

1.Yes, I do know why I believe those things.

May i ask why?

2. Guess I don't understand what God of gaps means.

Nevermind, it's not important, but it essentially invalidates all teleological arguments for the existence of God.

3. I just watched the video, the incidences I'm referring to have nothing to do with predictions. Even the video suggests a person would have to roll the dice several times for all the numbers to occur in sequence. For a serious situation, a crisis, to have all the pieces fall together the first time, at the right time, for me, is a miracle.

The first time for you maybe, but it's not the first time when you take into account that the world is more than just you. That dice is being rolled all over the world all the time for every living person, it may not come out right for all of them, but it's bound do come out right for some, & you're just one of the many people it comes out right for.

If you really think it's God then i guess you must have a high opinion of yourself to believe that God not only plays favourites, but that you are one of His favourites. What about the rest of us who have to make do with a constant stream of poor dice rolls? And what about the fact that the probability that everything will go right is the same as the probability that everything will go wrong? Which is a concept that was touched upon in the above video i believe.

Cheers birdy!

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

The Finger,

You will meet him on judgement day and tell him yourself what he needed to do

Oh, don't you worry, if God & i meet on judgement day, i will be having many many words with Him!

• littlebird
    littlebird

I suppose I do have a least a decent opinion of myself. I would expect my father to help me out more than a neighbor kid. I guess I don't understand why you feel God owes you something, expecially since you don't believe in him. That would be like a neighbor kid expecting my father to give him an allowance. No disrespect meant, just trying to understand you.

I will be happy to respond to "how I know" , but I need to do it tomorrow. I'm at work and get on here inbetween clients.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

littlebird,

Fair enough, but since you list God helping you as one of the primary reasons you believe in Him, how are the rest of us supposed to even believe in Him in the first place if He won't help us?

Feel free to get back to me on that one tomorrow if you feel like it, thanks.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

From what you have written, you don't recognize God's activities as it is. Why should he give you more? If you wish to dishonor God, He is not going to stop you. But don't expect favors in return.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Mad Dawg,

What activities? Anyway, the preaching/condemning thread is thata way >>>

I am not asking for favours from God, i am simply asking why He plays favourites & why some who don't believe in Him are given these magic revelations & others are not. All i want is some good evidence, then we can talk about favours.

And i don't see how i am dishonouring God, i am simply calling it as i see it, what could be more honourable than that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit