A better way of doing it, with regards to the 'God' question. If you're a theist or deist, please answer this question.

by Psychotic Parrot 86 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Why do I believe in God and in particular Jesus?

Well, I didn't always, though I was never an atheist.

I had many issues with God, more than I care to mention.

I used to yell and scream at God, which since I didn't really believe in God was kind of a trip, LOL !

Again, It wasn't that I had NO belief, just that I doubt that "GOD" existed.

Well, one day, maybe it was all the shouting and yelling that Got God's attention or maybethat day I was listening, either way, God answered and all doubts were cleared up.

That is why I beagn to believe.

Since then I have researched and analysed all the pros and cons Of God and Christianity, I have read all the counter arguments and read the apologists, not looking to believe and not looking to disbelieve, just lloking for "truth" as it were.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

damned if I know what "it" wants from me though...

Is there a reason you think "it" wants anything from you? Curious...

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

VoidEater,

You've caught yourself up in a bit of a pickle.

Not at all.

Either you are not going to define what you mean by God and let others do it, or you need to let others define it. Which will it be?

I shall let the believer define the details, but in the broadest sense i mean any God that fits into the theist or deist catagory. I highly doubt you'll be able to suggest a description of God that i've never heard of before. Nothing personal against you of course, i'm just pretty well travelled in the God department, like most ex-dubs are.

By your use of the term, you have something in mind. By your exposition, you have something in mind.

Yes, in the broadest sense i mean any God that fits into the theist or deist catagory.

So...what do you mean by "God"?

In the broadest sense, i mean any God that fits into the theist or deist catagory.

Because it would be pretty silly for me to express a belief in something just to have you tell me that's not what you're talking about.

If the God you believe in is anything like the God which 99.99% of believers believe in, then it will most certainly be the God i am talking about. If not then you are most probably a pantheist or something similar to that, in which case i feel the word 'God' is misleading.

In the broadest sense, God generally means the creator of the universe, but for most people it isn't quite as simple as that.

Anyway, i've answered your questions, will you now answer mine?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

PSacramento,

Well, one day, maybe it was all the shouting and yelling that Got God's attention or maybethat day I was listening, either way, God answered and all doubts were cleared up.

Thanks for your answer, i don't doubt your sincerity, but may i ask you to describe the way in which God answered you & what the exact information was that he conveyed to you which cleared up your doubts?

Cheers

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Thanks for your answer, i don't doubt your sincerity, but may i ask you to describe the way in which God answered you & what the exact information was that he conveyed to you which cleared up your doubts?

Cheers

That is extremely personal and , to be honest, I don't share that kind of thing on a forum and only my wife knows the extent of it.

I will say this, God showed me what I needed to see and made me understand God's love in the only way I could possibly understand it and I know that for each of us, it will be different.

I am not trying to be evasive and I appreciate the sincerity in your question but it truly is not something I can describe in "letters".

I really wish I could !

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Psacramento,

Could you at least tell me what i would have to do to experience the same?

• journey-on
    journey-on

That is extremely personal and , to be honest, I don't share that kind of thing on a forum and only my wife knows the extent of it.
    I will say this, God showed me what I needed to see and made me understand God's love in the only way I could possibly understand it and I know that for each of us, it will be different.
    I am not trying to be evasive and I appreciate the sincerity in your question but it truly is not something I can describe in "letters".
    I really wish I could !

PSacramento.........I get this completely!!! Only someone that has had this kind of experience understands your hesitancy to share it.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

journey-on,

PSacramento.........I get this completely!!! Only someone that has had this kind of experience understands your hesitancy to share it.

Why do you seem so happy about it? How can you be so fond of a God who operates in such a way? He has created an exclusive elitist club which is closed to many of us & if you don't see it as unfair that your wonderful experiences are denied to people like me then i would argue that you occupy the moral lowground on this one.

• agonus
    agonus

Hmmm... well. maybe "it" doesn't "want" something from me... not now... but I'm pretty sure "it" did at one time... "it" sure wouldn't leave me the hell alone.

Or maybe I couldn't leave "it" alone.

Or maybe... it's the same thing?

• journey-on
    journey-on

I can't answer you Psycho. Don't know the answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit