Are there any decent arguments for God's existence which do not fall prey to the argument from ignorance fallacy? (i.e. God of the gaps)

by Psychotic Parrot 120 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

By the way pisswordprotected, you're really out of your depth here.

If you say so.

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Password prot.

To say that the Bible introduces Jesus as the creator does not answer the question as to how we get to accept that, we may, by using rationalism conclude the need for a creator, but why should that be Jesus ? I know that the other claimants have even less credence, the gods of the Hindu religion for example, but I still do not see what credibility the claim for Jesus has.

You also seem to think we who doubt need everything empirically proven , that is of course impossible, we cannot experience the Big Bang, or black holes and many other things so an element of rationalism has to be used by all of us, creationists or chaositists. (There, a neologism ! )

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

To say that the Bible introduces Jesus as the creator does not answer the question as to how we get to accept that, we may, by using rationalism conclude the need for a creator, but why should that be Jesus ? I know that the other claimants have even less credence, the gods of the Hindu religion for example, but I still do not see what credibility the claim for Jesus has.

This is probably off topic, but what would be credible to make that claim?

You also seem to think we who doubt need everything empirically proven , that is of course impossible, we cannot experience the Big Bang, or black holes and many other things so an element of rationalism has to be used by all of us, creationists or chaositists. (There, a neologism ! )

I wouldn't dispute that.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    What more was there for me to say?

Why don't you read your abandoned thread again and try to apply your god-given braincell to the responses presented.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

PP,

I see now, well I respect your intellectually honest challenge to prove God's existence. Although I do believe in God, I am the first to admit I have no way to definitley prove he is up there. So in my mind faith is one more juicy lil thing like love, music, and playing Xbox that might be a complete waste of time but somehow makes me very happy and enjoy my life.

-Cage

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

What more was there for me to say?

Why don't you read your abandoned thread again and try to apply your god-given braincell to the responses presented.

___

The answer given was yes. Therefore, the question posed by the thread was answered.

Are you taking ad hominem lessons from the Parrot? If so, I think you're on the right road to extra credits. Peace.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Yeah why don't you do that parsewordprotected, baring in mind that many of those responses were from me. I'd appreciate it if you responded to them in your thread rather than pm'ing me about them behind closed doors.

Oh & in future could you please refrain from trashing threads with really really long & pointless posts that are made just to be spiteful?

Cheers

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

So in my mind faith is one more juicy lil thing like love, music, and playing Xbox that might be a complete waste of time but somehow makes me very happy and enjoy my life.

Well put.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Oh & in future could you please refrain from trashing threads with really really long & pointless posts that are made just to be spiteful?

Actually, the really long post was directly related to each one of the issues raised in your OP.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I actually think it's funny when someone ignores the substance of someone's argument & focuses on the ad hominem attacks only. Yeah, it's easy to fight fire with fire, but fighting substance with holy spirit? No contest i'm afraid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit