Are there any decent arguments for God's existence which do not fall prey to the argument from ignorance fallacy? (i.e. God of the gaps)

by Psychotic Parrot 120 Replies latest jw friends

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

No one knows whether or not there was anything before the big bang yet. We do not know. Maybe it was God, maybe it wasn't. God is one explanation among many (i listed the others in my first post).

My point is that these arguments do not prove God, they merely posit God.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    You're dumb then aren't you.

I have been told that here before.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I'm not surprised, if all you can say is that you don't understand what someone is saying. I would be more compassionate if you genuinely didn't understand, but the reality is that you were just trying to be spiteful, so i returned the favour.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

PP,

I don't know of ANY argument that can prove the existence of God unless a baseline for proof is stated and even then, it is subjective.

I mean, for some proof is irrelevant, for others proof is all around them.

One man's proof is another man's psychosis.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm diggin ya, Parrot.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I don't know of ANY argument that can prove the existence of God unless a baseline for proof is stated and even then, it is subjective.

I mean, for some proof is irrelevant, for others proof is all around them.

One man's proof is another man's psychosis.

That's fair enough. Unfortunately for many people these proofs are irrefutable (& that includes many of the posters on this message board) & thus, they require refutation from time to time.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I'm not surprised, if all you can say is that you don't understand what someone is saying. I would be more compassionate if you genuinely didn't understand, but the reality is that you were just trying to be spiteful, so i returned the favour.

I am very glad that you understand what I do (or do not) understand so well. That insight is to me more valuable than your compassion. Sometimes I do not understand myself.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Great, well thanks for the white noise JWoods, please do feel free to drop by & leave some more some time.

Cheers!

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Are you really 'Psychotic', Mr. Parrot?

Outaservice

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Only online

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit