Are there any decent arguments for God's existence which do not fall prey to the argument from ignorance fallacy? (i.e. God of the gaps)

by Psychotic Parrot 120 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I wish I could find an atheist who would admit to being a presuppossitional atheist.

Fantastic point.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

PP,

So PP do you think that it might be easier for you to say God does not exist rather than deal with your anger towards him? The reason I ask is because you are using quite a bit of wit, energy and talent on something that isn't real? That is if you really do believe he isn't real. Do you get what I am saying, just a thought.

-Cage

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I am an atheist because i have no belief in God.

Then why do you keep trying to prove he isn't real?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Cagefighter,

No, this is all aimed at those who think God exists, not God.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

pisswordprotected,

I haven't once tried to prove God isn't real, & i've made that clear multiple times now! I've merely stated that the arguments for the existence of God are not particularly compelling & that there are plenty of alternative explanations for the existence of the universe & life. This does not prove that God does not exist, nor is it supposed to. It merely puts the God explanation in it's place as just one possible explanation among many.

Please do not put words in my mouth, because that IS a watchtower tactic if ever there was one.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PP

i have no belief in God

That's fine, if that's your presupposition.

I am an agnostic because i am intellectually neutral on the matter of his existence

That statement seems to contradict the first.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

PP

i have no belief in God

That's fine, if that's your presupposition.

I am an agnostic because i am intellectually neutral on the matter of his existence

That statement seems to contradict the first.

____

LMAO. Brilliant.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

passwordprotected

The last thread you started, a month ago, was called Can you be an atheist and believe in logic and maths?

You ran away from the glare of intelligent replies to your trash and promised to not return for 6 months. You have failed to keep your promise.

Here you go again proving yourself to be a total ignoranimous. Why don't spend your time finishing trashing your own thread, the topic you were unable complete on, instead of polluting another topic?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Deputy Dog,

No it doesn't, because atheism & agnosticism are not mutually exclusive.

--------------------------------------

An agnostic atheist doesn't know on an intellectual whether there is a God or not, & sees no reason to assume there is.

A gnostic atheist knows on an intellectual level that there is no God & thus does not believe in God. I consider this to be an unreasonable position with current scientific knowledge.

An agnostic theist doesn't know on an intellectual level whether there is a God or not, but assumes that there is.

A gnostic theist knows on an intellectual level that there is a God & thus believes in God. I consider this also to be an unreasonable position with current scientific knowledge.

--------------------------------------

By the way pisswordprotected, you're really out of your depth here.

'LMAO' ¬_¬

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Here you go again proving yourself to be a total ignoranimous. Why don't spend your time finishing trashing your own thread, the topic you were unable complete on, instead of polluting another topic

Sorry, the question was "Can you be an atheist and believe in logic and maths?. The unequivocal response I go was "yes". And by receiving that answer it was confirmed to me that atheists have an inconsistant and contradictory worldview. What more was there for me to say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit