GB closing down and selling Central American Branches to be serviced out of Mexican Branch

by cattails 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

excellent.

dgp:

Not to be mean to anyone, but I don't think the Catholic Church would ever buy a Kingdom Hall. Those are too simple buildings.

no...Catholics wouldn't...but KHs make excellent child care facilities... take out the chairs, wide open space for the kiddies to run... our old KH was converted to a day care and I know of several others too... appropriate since KHs are built to keep adults in a child like mental state...why not just house kids? lol

sacalton...I had forgotten about Anthony's blog about that news....wow was that a year ago? I need to PM him.... how ya doin' Anthony...PM me.

Snakes (Rich )

• Lieu
    Lieu

Why pick Mexico over highly stable Panama & Costa Rica? Neither of these two have militaries (=no coups), neither gets hit due to location by hurricanes or tsunamis, both are first world, highly educated, and friendly. The latter are actually in Central America, Mexico is not.

Interesting. Not a very wise decision me thinks .... but maybe they're going for the easy bribes ... maybe they're branching out into narcotics or something.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Not to be mean to anyone, but I don't think the Catholic Church would ever buy a Kingdom Hall. Those are too simple buildings.

You gotta have vision, dgp!

http://www.stmaron.org/The%20Maronite%20Voice%20for%20May%202008.pdf - p.3

"On Easter Sunday, April 16, 2006, Chorbishop Michael G. Thomas, Vicar General, announced to the community, during the midnight Liturgy of the Resurrection, the approval of Bishop Gregory J. Mansour to purchase the former Jehovah Witness' Kingdom Hall at 6201 Sheldon Road in Tampa. On July 23, 2006 Bishop Gregory assigned Father Jorge Perales, a priest from the Archdiocese of Miami presently on loan to the Eparchy of St. Maron, as Administrator of Sts. Peter and Paul. Soon after Fr. Jorge arrived and with the very generous help, labor, and donations of the parishioners, work began to remodel the inside of the building in order to turn the former Jehovah Witness Hall into a Maronite Church. The first Liturgy in the new Church was on Sunday May 13, 2007, Mother's Day and also the Day of the First Communion. The evening before, a baptism was the first celebration in the new church. On November 12, 2007 construction was begun on the addition which includes a new entrance and a new façade for the existing church building. This brought all construction and adaptations to completion just before Easter. And on March 30, 2008, the long awaited day finally arrived. At 2:00 p.m., the Most Reverend Gregory J. Mansour, Bishop of the Eparchy of Saint Maron of Brooklyn, consecrated the building on Sheldon Road as a church for the worship and glory of God."

• dgp
    dgp

Oh, but those were the Marionites! And then, only now will the place really look like a place for worship!

• moshe
    moshe

What used to take "many people" to run all those branches and the JW's in those countries can be done now, with a few people using computers and the Internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit