GB closing down and selling Central American Branches to be serviced out of Mexican Branch

by cattails 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

yearbook 2003p.133Nicaragua

Most were assigned to the new branch, where they helped get the work back onto a proper organizational footing. Today, the Nicaragua Bethel family comprises 37 members of various nationalities. In February 1991 a Branch Committee was appointed to replace the country committee, and the Nicaragua branch officially reopened on May 1, 1991. The foundation was now laid for future growth, and how impressive that growth would prove to be.

1991 - foundation for future growth - open branch.

2010 - foundation for future growth - closing branch.

• Room 215
    Room 215

There's that lovely word "simplification" creepign back into their vocabulary

• Think About It
    Think About It

Sounds like a business decision. Less cash flow coming in. Reduce expenses and sell nonessential assets. Take money and invest for profit. The WTS probably has a financial department that rivails their legal department.

Think About It

• yknot
    yknot

It has been long expected in light of South America.......

If I had not been born an American I too would be mumbling under my breathe "it is an American religion". Next to come will be a CG to bless the closings with his empty speeches and words of misdirecting encouragement.

Wonder if many who have retired to the 'greater need' down there will return or move to Mexico?

• undercover
    undercover

The WTS is not immune to the slow decline of the printed media. But the WTS has to deal with what most other publishing corporations don't: information and evidence stored on the Internet that is damning to the religious portions of their empire

The Internet is the catalyst in the downsizing of the WTS. While those leaving may not be in droves, we are enough to make a dent...and then possible new recruits are more and more relying on the Internet for fact checking.

The glory days of the WTS/JWs is probably over....hopefully, anyway.

• sacolton
    sacolton

They just build to suck up easy money from poor countries ... when the donations dry up - they cash out and move on. I've never heard of a company closing shop because of growth. That's the stupidest excuse I've ever heard. They are obviously down-sizing and liquidating for financial security. All this points to stagnant growth, no assets, no donations, low activity because the area is not interested in their recruitment.

Does this follow another closing just a few months ago that left the whole community feeling very bitter?

• designs
    designs

"This old world keeps turning" ain't that the truth.

Couples in their 60s being turned out and told to go somewhere where the great are needed. Got to be a shock. They'll need to work in their older years and they'll collect a little Social Security. Even if they wake up an leave its going to be a tough road, and that's the tragedy.

• metatron
    metatron

This is big news. Is it any wonder that a GB level talk manuscript gets leaked? The guys at the top are seeing the fake, empty numbers and endless cutbacks and pathetic "generation" explanation and wondering about their own future!

This may be, in part, why they prate on about cultish obedience to the Governing Body. They are scared.

metatron

• sacolton
  • Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Ok, I'm confused. I read the English translation and it doesn't say that they are closing down or selling the Central American Branches - just that the overall administration is moving to Mexico (which, as someone pointed out, is really not a brilliant idea - I know! Let's pick the most unstable, violent, drug infested country in all of Central America and put the branch THERE (rolls eyes)). Anyway. For those of you that read Spanish, did I miss the part where they are closing down and selling these branches???? Or are we all just making assumptions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit