Ladies, how do you feel about be called a "weaker vessel"?

by sacolton 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

This terminology is meant to keep women in a second class position and under control. I do not subscribe to the shrinking violet class either. If I am physically capable of doing something, I will do it. If I need help, I will ask. I know some women who are physically stronger than some men. Also stronger in the emotional, mental, and spiritual categories as well.

I think it is very dangerous and prejudicial to attempt to pigeon hole a segment of society.

• yknot
    yknot

Never had a problem.....

In fact I would use that phrase when I wanted to get of something and pass it on to a Brother........

Brothers are sooooo much stronger than me......for hooking up the central vac, trimming the hedges with the heavier sheers, cleaning in the storage area and dealing with 'icky' stuff like dead, smelly things....

I accepted and embraced my inner weaker vessel......

(LOL on the Kegels--- but an exercise every woman should do daily!)

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

My hubby says that my body might be week but my tongue certainly isn't. [you can go off hubby's]

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Sorry about my spelling I should have said weak not week it's midnight here and I am very tired and should be in bed but get glued to all your comments and some of them are very longzzzzzzzzzzzz

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Weaker Vessel?..

I`ll send my daughter to the WBT$..To beat the Sh*t out of anyone who writes that crap..

Then she`ll phone them once a week,for the rest of their lives.....To remind them they got a beating from a girl..

She is 100 lbs of Absolute Terror!!..

LOL!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I've had more than one job that was usually done by a man, so I think it's about as stupid of a statement as I've ever read.

I'm trying to figure out how being able to bear a child makes you weaker?

Like one more honest than usual guy, comedian Ron White said.."How do women do it? They act like bleeding for a week every month from an internal organ is no big deal. If that happened to me, I'd crying and screaming and sure I was dying every moment of it and never get out of bed."

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'm weak as a kitten when I'm sick with a cold or tummy ache. I need someone to bring me soup, drink and medicine. Someone to fluff my pillow and bring me comic books.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm trying to figure out how being able to bear a child makes you weaker?

Cuz some men believe it must be easy cuz women do it. Ok men, picture passing a watermelon through your anus with drugs if you're lucky and you might come close to how it feels to give birth.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Watermelon through the anus? I'd have to ask John Doe about that one.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The best WT comment I heard on that scripture was a certain C/o who said that it did not mean that women were necessarily weaker than men . Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister at the time and he used her to prove his point!

He said the verse meant that you should treat your wife with the same care as you would show to a weaker vessel, not that women actually were weak....."Honour as to a weaker vessel"

I waited for that to become official policy on the verse, but it never did..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit