Did you swear when you were a JW?

by St George of England 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
  • ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I did a little, but I do a lot more now. I think I do it now because I can.

LD

• dozy
    dozy

Not something I ever did when I was a JW & I don't see any reason to change now.

Though strangely a JW elder whom I meet up with swears quite regularly in my company now that I am "out" ( especially when talking about his work or about problems in the congregation) - he never did before.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I never did as a JW ....I do now

Loz x

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I am a bornin & starting swearing at the age of about 7 years only at school tho, never at home or kh.

Let slip a couple of times when with jw friends, now i use bad language freely, depending on company & situation tho,

Use it here on this forum, check my previous comments LOL

Wow I just did again on this thread...........................................

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I was too pious to use "foul language" as a witless, because the scumbag that dragged me into the cancer was forcing me in that way. Even such words as "crap" and "damn" and "hell" were off limits (except when refuting hellfire, when I had to use that word in that context). Even using "damn" in the context as "condemn" was taboo. Yet, I have heard him using the S word--he told me that he had a co-worker that he said his workmanship was the sxxxiest he had ever said (a lie). This co-worker said "You mean the crappiest", and the witless said, "No, I mean the sxxxiest". And he repeated it to me as slander, indicating it was more than a momentary loss of self control.

These days, I use moderate expletives, but generally will not use language that is generally forbidden. I tend to realize that the world is not a college--uninhibited swearing belongs in places like college and not out on the sales floor. I might use "crap", "damn", and "hell", since those words are generally tolerated by the public these days.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like a said before I do swear but I forgot to add that I enjoy it too. What I enjoy more is when my husband (never a jw) does it. He makes it sound cool and funny all at once.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Not then or now. However, I knew a few caucasian witnesses that only swore if there were no caucasian witnesses around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit