Did you swear when you were a JW?

by St George of England 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logic
    logic

It would be hard for me to communicate otherwise.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Is it common to use bad language as a JW or is it a habit that develops on leaving?

Yes once the programming starts to weaken upon leaving the JWS, Ex-JWS swear constantly

and uncontrollably, this is caused by Satan's evil forces taking over the minds of these people @%!#*~!

I love stupid threads and those involved with self righteous judgmentalism.

I've got to get one more out ^%@*!!#@ ahh.... thats better

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Like a sailor! Now I do my best to refrain. My vocabulary is very good these days. Probably because of no more frustration and anxiety!

HappyDad

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Didn't swear as a JW nor did I before becoming a JW nor do I now...can't stand the sound.

Snoozy

Course if I hit my thumb with a hammer I just may say one..lol

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Fuck Yes I swore all the time

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love stupid threads and those involved with self righteous judgmentalism.

As do I!!

• dinah
    dinah

I could outcuss a deacon in a Baptist church. I was SUCH an overachiever!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Never swore as a JW and still don’t now. My dad (a JW) was of the generation (and maybe class) where swearing was looked down upon as crude. My dad used to say it was a sign of a lack of verbal literacy if you swore, because it indicated an inability to find alternative words to the swear words.

Anyway, I still don’t swear verbally. Occasionally I’ll think it, but I’ve never sworn.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

It's funny, after I quit going and hubby became inactive for a while, he started to swear and used words I never knew existed...lol

Sometimes I would stare at him with my mouth open or ask him "what does that mean?"

When he eventually went back his language cleaned up again..typical.

• designs
    designs

Construction for 40 years...................you learn a few very descriptive words

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit