Did you swear when you were a JW?

by St George of England 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

I never swore while I was a JW. The anger I felt upon learning what was really going on certainly brought forth a large collection of stored-up curse words that otherwise would never be thought of or uttered. I still do not swear in my speech, but in writing, I do, sometimes...usually I erase it or bleep it out, though--old habits.

• sd-7
    sd-7

My JW wife swears, on occasion, when I make her angry enough. "Bullsh--!" seems to be her preferred term of endearment for whatever I happen to be saying at the time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outside of a WBT$ setting..I heard a lot of JW`s Swear..

Do I swear..Abso-F*ck`n-Lutely!!..

But not always..When I hurt myself..Yes..

Telling a joke..Describing something or someone..Sometimes..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I do under my breath during moments of frustration, or fits of anger. I've slipped occasionally in front of nonJWs. I used to be concerned of developing a reputation for cursing, until one coworker heard me slip regarding a situation we had develope in our department. She then stated the situation must be really bad as she never hears me swear unless its something serious. Her saying that was kind of a relief.

• SisoNoSiso
    SisoNoSiso

The first time I ever heard a JW cuss was an old-timer, a farmer, who uttered something about a fellow elder who "was a sonofabitch". My jaw dropped. I was 15. From then on, I grew closer to the old coot than I did any other brother his age.

Myself, I didn't use the words until I was in my 20s and then it felt like I was hurting the Big Guy upstairs. Now, my wife and both let 'em fly when the situation earns it. We don't see it (or anything else really) as a salvation issue.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I swore before I was a JW. I much more when I was one. I swear less now, probably because I have fewer assholes pissing me off.

W

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I nevered sweared. Not because of the WTS, but because my non-jw parents taught me.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Neither then nor now.

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

As a Witness? Never.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I didn't but I heard my mother swear occasionally when I was growing up. And yeah I do swear now but I have the sense to do it with discretion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit