All I can say about thr finale of "Lost" is...

by changeling 101 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

LOL!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

If anyone's interested, here's a recap to check out - it's long and it's only part 1 (part 2 will be posted tomorrow) but I think it's really well done.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20387946,00.html

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

poopsiecakes you told Spawn to:

Please stop mistaking free speech for disrespect.

Well posting that he is the type of person who:

knock children off see saws and piss on your neighbor's flowers too

is pretty dam disrespectful about someone you don't really know and over a TV SHOW. Just because someone doesn't hold something in the same regard you do does not give you the right to retaliate in this manner.

Perhaps both you and changeling should contemplate on the idea of simplicity. Spawn's reference was in relation to the mind as it was obvious from series or should I say season one that they were all dead or at least that would be the explanation when the programme finally wrapped.

It was simply the obvious choice.

I found Lost to be a programme that pretended to be complicated, but actually very little really happened. Each episode was dragged out that little bit longer than necessary and in the end it was a show that left me with a feeling of frustration and dissatisfaction. You could never call it mentally challenging or intellectually deep.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

LittleSister, I have no beef with you whatsoever. If you and spawn didn't like the show, that's your prerogative. It's not a program that everyone will enjoy. I get that. If you want to express your opinions about the acting, production, directing, scenery, writing or anything else you found unpleasant that's totally up to you and I respect that.

But coming onto a message board and telling people who did like the show that they have simple minds IS disrespectful and IS like knocking children off a see saw. Neither I nor anyone else said anything to spawn to elicit an insulting comment. There was a discussion about whether or not we liked the finale of a show we LIKED and ENJOYED watching every week. It seemed to me that he was intentionally entering a conversation in order to get people riled up by insulting their intelligence because their choices in entertainment don't meet with his standards. Personally, I find that lacks a certain social grace - kinda like pissing on someone's flowers.

• spawn
    spawn

There is more than one way to Kiss my Arse Pretty Monkey

English:Kiss my Arse

Yank English : Kiss my Ass ( Donkey)

Irish: Pog mo thoin

Spanish: Bese mi asno

French: Embrassez mon ane

German: Kussen sie meinen esel

Italian: Baci il mio isino

Hawaiian: Honi ko'u 'elemu

Maori: Ungutu taku kaihe

Swahili: Busu. changu kitako

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Perhaps it is a cultural thing, I don't find being calling simple minded insulting in fact here it’s more of a jovial comment. I am however deeply offended at the father of my children being publicly likened to someone who pushes children off see saws and pisses in neighbour’s flowers.

• changeling
    changeling

Thanks for the link poopsie, its a great read!!!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Oh my... someone posts about a TV show and we can't help but put our 2 cents in (which by the way here... is rounded down to nothing) by calling everyone who watched the show 'simple minds'. If 'Lost' didn't interest you, what the hell are you doing on a thread about the show in the first place? And yes, it is disprectful to dismiss people as 'simple' just because you don't like the show. If you read around the thread properly, there were others who said they never showed any interest with the show either... no 'kissing arse' from them but they weren't getting into any name calling in the first place.

Oh yeah... and I'll repeat Jackie's quote multiplied by three.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

I don't think I will bother coming here anymore I really don't need anymore attacks on my family by JWs or exJWs.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

LittleSister, I apologize if I offended you. That certainly was not my intent and maybe where you live being called simple minded is not an insult but it certainly is insulting where I'm from and my retaliatory comment was to show how cruel it can appear to jump in when people are enjoying something only to insult them.

It's not the first time he's berated people for liking Lost and I think it's highly unnecessary...insult the show all you want, not the people who enjoy it please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit