How Were YOU Treated In Your Hall?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

UNLESS you go out in service and set the right example (100%).....you're dog poop.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My mom was a convert and so was I. My dad was opposed. Having a "worldly" background and no prominent multi-generation family of faithful cultists was not conducive to forming friendships or gaining titles within the cult. Having an aversion to ass kissing didn't help.

It took a while, but I eventually realized that was a good thing.

W

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I was popular cos of being so spiritual..until I became a single parent and a divorcee...then I went down in everyone's estimation ...but mostly the elders...

Loz x

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If you had a "divided household", sadly, you were avoided.

Yeppers, my dad didn't go much to the meetings and we were pretty much ignored by the congregation. Got to hear about alot of parties (I refuse to call them "gatherings" they were parties) that we didn't recieve an invite to.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Isnt it sooo sad to be judged for the wrong reasons? Nothing to do with hearts and love and Christianity....

Loz x

• minimus
    minimus

There were 2 classes of people---those without $$$ and those with. I would notice how those less fortunate would look down upon those with money.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I had an unbelieving dad too- so I was 2nd class citizen- yup, heard about all the parties and friends getting to do stuff- they'd talk about it right in front of me- nope I wasn't invited...

married a JW MS, so that made me socially acceptable... but when he took off & I was a "marked" person (married but did not have a "scriptural" reason for divorce)- I was dog meat again... it was deja vu to the times when I was 12 or 13 & people talking about the fun "get togethers" in front of me when I was never invited..assholes!

• cult classic
    cult classic

Unfortunately they treated me too well. And when they treat you well it's because you're all too good at dancing the Watchtower shuffle. I wish they had dogged me so that I would have had reason to move on.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They wanted me out in field circus, and they wanted to see what they could get out of me without doing anything for me. Generally, the just plain men would seek me out, while the "sisters" would seek the other way (except when they were out in field circus and needed to get their time in; and then it would be solely because they wanted to get field circus time in).

Of note, it was mostly the men that wanted to keep me out way past quitting time.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

If you had a "divided household", sadly, you were avoided.

Yeppers, my dad didn't go much to the meetings and we were pretty much ignored by the congregation. Got to hear about alot of parties (I refuse to call them "gatherings" they were parties) that we didn't recieve an invite to.

So true,I always make others feel bad when it comes to this stuff because I know how bitter it is to get snobbed.My dad and sisters are not jws,mom is.Yeah many have parties or go somewhere (e.g to the movies) without inviting me too.After all this they dare to tell me "don't isolate yourself".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit