by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you a fish out of water?

Were you popular in your congregation?

Were you a "marked" person?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

At fist I was pretty popular and seemed to maintain but after awhile I began seeing thru everyone elses bull shit facades and became more blunt in my response to some of their actions. Soon, I could tell that they were a little afraid to approach me because I didn't pull any punches with them and would just lay it on the line. There were a few that treated me fairly and I would do the same to them.

Quirky

• undercover
    undercover

Yes

Yes

Yes

At different times. I grew up more as a fish out of water, found 'some' popularity as a young adult and after marriage but then was marked as I became less active, more outspoken and finally inactive.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Pretty much like a second class citizen as my dad was an 'unbelieving mate', therefore we weren't in the cliques.

• minimus
    minimus

If you had a "divided household", sadly, you were avoided.

• minimus
    minimus

In my last congregation, I was very favorably viewed. Actually, I just called my mom to see how she was doing and her friend excitedly answered the phone and said, "Guess who this is, Min". She's a Pioneer and she moved away but was still as friendly as anyone I know!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Congregation was always good to me as long as I was outgoing. But when I became withdrawn to myself, then the cong ignored me.

• peaches
    peaches

all of the above....

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I was treated very well.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

I'll give you a little example. We had an elder transfer into our hall, didn't even meet him for 1.5 years so you could say I wasn't very popular actually half the congo didn't know me and I was in regular attendence...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit