How Were YOU Treated In Your Hall?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• aniron
    aniron

It depends - in the early days when I had become a JW, treated very well.
    As a young man in 20's, becoming a JW, they probably thought how good it was.
    (Though if only they knew what I got up to with a some of the sisters.)

Eventually married one of them, had children.

Became a Min Servant.

Then gradually started to question doctrine etc.

Thats when their attitude started to change.

Even more so when we DA'd.

But with JWs its always a case of as long as you are toeing the party line, you are OK.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Treated me really well when I was young, pioneering, reaching out etc.

When I fell from grace some elders totally ignored me but others in my peer group made a real point of standing by me and some elders were great.

When I didn't go to many meetings and kept a low profile (long fade) people just kind of ignored me which was perfect albeit made those minutes before and after meetings tough.

In one congregation I wasn't treated badly I just didn't seem to exist for 10 months until I gave an arresting talk. At least 20 people spoke to me afterwards; love bombing like it was the second coming. I got input from a Jewish lecturer when preparing the talk and delivered it like I was a CO - it was the best talk I'd ever given and my last by choice for a long time. It has always been so much easier for brothers to get noticed and take the limelight - it's all about platform time.

MMXIV

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

fish out of water

• Robert7
    Robert7

I was always an outcast. Partially because my service time was sub-par, but also because I wasn't ever -fully- into the cult. Mentally I was still open minded, and people sensed that and I think avoided association with me. Weird that after 10 years I never had any good friends in the hall, all my good friends were and still are non-JW's.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

Like a pile of dung...So sad, they beleive they are the most loving group on the planet, yet they are average at very best.

• JeffT
    JeffT

First congregation: treated very well the first couple of years. They had love bombing down perfectly, it was a major attraction of the group. As time progessed I became more interested in raising my family. Things cooled off but we were not treated badly.

Second congregation: I had moved and gone back to school, hence I was an outcast.

Third congregation: Initially well treated, later not some much. Treated us like spawn of satan after we DA'd ourselves.

• minimus
    minimus

If people aren't treated well, they leave, you Watchtower dumbasses!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I was treated like I was invisible

• minimus
    minimus

You'd be shocked at how many elders had no idea where their "flock" resided. How can they be there for them when they have no idea where they live??

• fokyc
    fokyc

Like dog faeces; last time I went to the local KH an elder was heard to say "What's he doing here?"

They just love me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit