Cougars beware – having a much younger husband can send a woman to an early grave

by Scott77 50 Replies latest social relationships

• SallySue
    SallySue

Ueah, but what a way to go!!!!!!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

LOL...one sister married to a man 14 years younger; second sister married to a man 10 years younger; third sister, long term relationship with a man 9 years younger - granny married to a man 6 years younger. Granny outlived hers and all the others are still alive.

Aunt married her fellow and he was 16 years older.

She died years before him.

I conclude from personal knowledge that it's not the cougars that have to worry but the Grizzlies who marry the Fawns!

Cougars Rock!!!!!!!

sammieswife.

• Scott77
    Scott77

sammielee24 ,

I think, in a large way, its about sexism.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Bet the research was done by not so young men.

I say, what a way to go.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Andy is 14 1/2 years younger than me. We didn't ever marry, but we are still very dear, close kindred spirits. We were friends when he confessed he was falling in love with me. I don't regret my relationship with him. It's the best I ever had. I have guys in their 30's ask me out. I don't go, but it's nice to be asked.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I want to add that Andy helped me shake free Jehovah's Witnesses. And I am much healthier in every way after knowing him.

• coffee shop guy
    coffee shop guy

Zid: Coffee house Girl and I are 22 years appart. If we marry she could catch up to me.

FlyingHighNow: I wouldn't trade this life for anything. We have no regrets. My family (all non JW's) have accepted her and our age gap.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

22 years in which direction? Are you older?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think being married and in a bad relationship can send anyone to an early grave. The cougar thing? I don't think there are social problems. We sure never had any. One thing about younger men is that many of them were raised by more liberated mothers. Because of this, they don't beat you over the head with "that's woman's work." Or men are supposed to be the boss and have the last say. It's never been discussed. Always works its self out easily. Some of the men who are around my age are very old fashioned and they act old. I talk with guys I went to high school with in the mid 70's and they all complain that they are "old" or feel like old men.

The women I talk to? They are generally happy with themselves and seem younger at heart.

I don't mean that all the guys talk this way, but too many of them do. I tell the guys they should appreciate how young they still look and feel. I tell them to go vist a nursing home and see what old really looks and acts like. And some people in nursing homes are still young at heart.

• Scott77
    Scott77
    Coffee house Girl and I are 22 years appart. If we marry she could catch up to me...I wouldn't trade this life for anything. We have no regrets. My family (all non JW's) have accepted her and our age gap.
    coffee shop guy

IMHO,the approval of significant others adds mileage to longevity. FlyingHighNow , the fact that you are happy sums it all. The end justifies the means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit