Cougars beware – having a much younger husband can send a woman to an early grave

by Scott77 50 Replies latest social relationships

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL at Zid.

The Delany sisters (Sarah & Elizabeth, who lived to be centenarians) swore that not getting married was the secret to their longevity.

Sylvia

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I'm 60 and my husband is 50 and we have been married 25 years why is this a problem? I think its a great arrangement.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Ziddina,

You are right. I think a marriage does shorten a woman's life in many cases. I read that study you mention and I believe it is true - marriage is really more beneficial for a man than a woman (other than the financial security aspect you mentioned). You are right about the part about who needs all the stuff and that health and peace of mind is more important! This is part of the reason I am single.

There might be those who disagree because they are married to fine men that they love but from what I have observed, women suffer more often than not. And they suffer silently. I can personally attest to this because my mother certainly did. I honestly don't know why she stayed married to my father, who is such an abusive personality. She left him once when we children were small but she went back. I think she might be alive today if she had left him for good. Her life might have been hard for a time but maybe in the long run it would have been better for her. Sadly, we will never know.

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

***** Ok . . . . You failed to mention that the study also said WOMEN THAT MARRY OLDER MEN AGE QUICKER!! People fair best when they marry someone their OWN AGE!!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, LongHairGal, I'm so sorry to hear that... Glad you're out of that situation, though...

A Sphere - yes, you're right, but try telling that to HIM... Things got better when he lost 50 lbs, 'cause he no longer snores like "Donald Duck" throwing a temper tantrum - which I sort-of miss - it was hilarious... He WON'T blow his nose before he goes to bed; he WON'T try a "Neti Pot"...

See why I occasionally dabble with the idea of being single??? And if he's going to lose at least 10 years of his life, that'll be 10 years I can enjoy a good night's sleep...

Zid

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Yet somehow, women manage to average longer lifespans than men, a deal longer. All the women in my family outlive the men by a good decade or so.

BTS

• dissed
    dissed

Its women being married to JW men that bring the life span down.

There are enough stresses in marriage already, but add all that stuff from the JW's and who knows how many years are taken off, not to mention all the illness that comes with it.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Well, I may be heading to an early grave, but what a way to go!!!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Wow, this thread seems to be contraversial. Iam not going to take sides. Hi Palmtree, please do not say that "Well, I may be heading to an early grave, but what a way to go!!!" Stay positive. You may live longer may be 70. You never know. I think , positive attitude is important to staying longer.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhhhm, Scott77, she [Palm Tree...] was being facetious - you know, "humor"... Ar, ar ar ar...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit