A sister from an old congregation wants to talk to me tomorrow....

by not a captive 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• not a captive
    not a captive

It is peculiar. She called the woman I work for to set up a visit after noon tomorrow to talk to me.

I don't know this sister very well. She is from a congregation I attended about six years ago. This sister has known the woman I work for(not a JW) for several years. A month ago she had stopped to visit the family while I was working there. She asked how I was doing. I looked her straight in the eye and told her I was doing great. I wasn't attending meetings and I had DA'd myself. She was shocked and assumed I could have no sound reasons for leaving.

In fairness, I let the sister know that the elders had told me not to discuss the matter-- that I had been gagged as long as I was a Witness. But I told her I wasn't bound anymore and would be glad to answer any questions she had---if she really wanted me to answer them.She kind of played at guessing if I had wanted to celebrate holidays, etc. I told her that in the end I had to choose between loyalty to God or the Organization. She didn't talk to me the rest of the visit.

What she intends to do tomorrow is beyond me. The woman I work for said she didn't know what to say to this sister except "Come on and just play it by ear, she'll be working tomorrow."

I just thought those who have concern for family and friends who are still "in" might be interested in what can possibly transpire.

I'm disassociated and she is "overstepping the elders" isn't she? Not that I care! Isn't this strange?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Maybe she's taking you up on your offer. That would be wonderful!

Since you're already out you have nothing to lose from the Borg end of things. Let her have the whole truth. Sit her in front of a computer with you and show her everything you have time for. UN, pedophiles, 587(6)BCE, Cult Mind Control, etc. etc.

Good luck. Keep us posted. Thanks!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think your boss overstepped too.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst - she may come equipped with the recent BS regarding always trusting the WT Org even if it's wrong. If nothing else, you can always just tell her it's BS. Waiting on the Watchtower to 'get it right' is no different that waiting on the pope to 'get it right'. False teachings are false teachings, no matter who's teaching them.

Hopefully, she's just curious. (I've had more than one witness on facebook ask me a lot of questions via chat, and come to the conclusion that a lot of it is indeed BS, but that they just don't want to rock the boat with their friends/spouse/family.)

- Lime

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The desire to obtain good gossip can overtake some JW's loyalty. She is overstepping. While I don't recommend sharing information that she has no right to, I wouldn't make that my main concern. The main harm to you is the twisting of the real story that will take place, either from her or from the people she gossips to.

If you choose to tell her anything, tell it in the most shocking way possible.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, it will only hurt the "sister" if she talks about the conversation she had with a DA'd person. But, if it were me, I wouldn't feel obligated to tell her any of my personal business. Only meet with her if you really want to,because it would be different if you were actually close to her when you were a Witness.

• dgp
    dgp

Just because I am the ignorant about everything, I have to ask a question. Isn't it a little odd that she wouldn't talk directly to the dissasociated guy, since she will be talking to him anyways? Why talk to the boss? I don't know why, but I don't like that.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Dear dgp, It is odd that the sister didn't talk to me. P.S. I'm getting old, but I'm still a "she". Someday I'll freshen up my avatar's poofy pink hair and fix her make-up.

I'm hitting the sack now. I thought a while before posting this. I gather that some who stop in at JWN go on after a while. I am so thankful that there is such a caring community of people to share this stuff with. I love that we can kick ideas around ---------but there is nobody trying to crush you on this board. I am so glad. Thanks for being there. Thanks.

I'll check in tomorrow. And I have re-read each post and will take care. Maeve

• dgp
    dgp

Not a Captive, I didn't know you were a She. Sorry.

I am aware no one is after me :-). But I am painfully aware that I need a lengthy explanation for what the average witness would know almost instinctively. It's called "Not Being in the Truth", and this time this is not a play on words, but exactly what I mean :-).

I still don't like the fact that she called your boss.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

Marked, to see what happens next.

Blue Grass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit