A sister from an old congregation wants to talk to me tomorrow....

by not a captive 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Marked to see what happened...can't wait!

• not a captive
    not a captive

This is a late posting, it being 1:30 A.M. (family stuff) And this end is as strange as its beginning.

The sister had phoned( again through my employer) during my absence to a physical therapy session with the little boy I am caring for. She sited a problem in her own work preventing her visit. But again she spoke through my employer to say that she loved me and was concerned for me.

I told my employer that it was unsettling to have the matter end without knowing what was behind it. So later after my work I called this sister and got her voice mail. I told her I appreciated her concern and willingness to talk considering I am disassociated. I would be glad to talk to her if she wishes to although I understand that she may not. She has not yet returned my call.

My employer feels sure that the sister wanted to try to "fix me".

I may never know what this whole bizarre non-event was about. But when I think about it I am struck at how indirect life did become for me too when I was a fully involved Witness. We often have to make our conversation conform to the direction of the FDS. This sister may have had a natural impulse to talk or to try to save me. Or maybe she just wanted a bit of curiousity satisfied. It would have been as easy for her to get my number as it was for me to get hers--I even called her. But Witnesses do learn to be passive in some ways and it is called "obedience".

I am disappointed not to know what this was about.

• nelly136
    nelly136

But again she spoke through my employer to say that she loved me and was concerned for me.

ooook, wierd and freaky.

i think you need to have a friendly word with your boss and ask her to resist the urge to be the middle person in this womans or anyone elses 'fixing' endeavours for future reference. its just wrong and innapropriate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit